How do u get rid of being heard when changing strings?

I mean.....when I play fast on one string and switch to say the one above there is kinda a pause between it. I cant seem to make it fluid.
You need to slow down and practice string changes slowly and build up your accuracy and technique. Get a metronome and set it to something like 90 - 96 bpm and pick a scale to practice. Practice with 8ths notes alternate picking then 16th notes alternate picking. When you can play these fluidly, speed up the metronome. If thats too fast just slow it down to a speed that you can string change fluidly. Have patience with it and soon you will be string changing like no bodys business.
or get better pups
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Its not sound.....its my technique.....i can't fluidly change strings....nothing to do with the pups.

Could someone please explain what 8th notes & 16th notes are.....I've never really been told.

Also, when using a metronome, do you hit each note at each beep or what?
You really need to read music (sheet music, not tabs) to fully understand 8th notes and 16th notes....it's hard to explain but I will try.

Many songs (not all) are in 4/4 time...meaning 4 beats in a measure, and the quarter note gets the beat. So basically, when you are tapping your foot to a song, that is a beat. The drums set the beat a lot of the time, and your foot taps along with it.

As I said, most songs are 4/4 time, so you can count in your head "1, 2, 3, 4" easily. Other songs can be in 3/4 time, meaning there are 3 beats in a measure, and the quarter note gets the beat. Waltz's are usually 3/4 time, meaning in your head you count "1,2,3 1,2,3 1,2,3....".....think of people waltzing in a ballroom. Other songs are even funkier...like the Mission Impossible theme song is in 5/4 time, meaning there are 5 notes per measure (a weird number in music), and the quarter note gets the beat. So, while Mission Impossible is playing, count in your head "1,2,3,4,5 1,2,3,4,5". Basically, there are 5 quarter notes per measure.

The following are the types of "beats", which tells you how long you hold out a note:

Whole Note (Hold out for the whole measure, usually is 4 beats)
Half Note (1/2 of a "whole note" usually, but is comprised of 2 quarter notes)
Quarter Note (2 quarter notes make up a half note) (quarter notes almost always get the "beat")
Eigth note (1/2 a quarter note)
Sixteenth note (1/4 a quarter note, 16th notes are starting to get pretty fast)
etc....
and pretty much ends at 64th notes, which are world-record fast.
Last edited by GNR-4-Ever at May 7, 2006,
just to start, i think the word you are all looking for is fluently not fluidly.

but try to work on it by thinking what you are going to do next NOT what you are doing at the time, always try to think a second ahead of your hand
Vocals Wanted For:
Tool-Sober, Aenema
Led Zeppelin-The Ocean
Audioslave-Cochise
Sublime-Santeria
Rush-Tom Sawyer, Fly By Night, Limelight
Assorted Original Acoustics

PM if interested
What part of changing strings is hard? Picking? The fingering?

I suggest that you may be pressing each finger down in turn without removing them, meaning you'll have all your fingers down on the guitar at the end of each string and you'll hence find it harder to move. If im wrong, feel free to tell me.