Just got back from a great day out at the Wembley Conference and Exhibition Centre, namely the London Guitar Show. It's probably the best event a guitarist can go to barring something like NAMM or whatever...

For those that don't know what it was, it basically consisted of many stands possessed by different guitar related companies and they have a ****load of gear around for you to try out. Was walking around the place trying out a load of stuff, bought some dvd's and whatever and then i sauntered over to the mesa stand...i then proceeded to be blown away by the opportunity i had to plug into an AB Box, connected to a Mark IV's clean channel and a Dual Recto's dirty channel - ultimate set up right there, but i didn't have the money and so moved on

It was later in the day when i found what was to be my final purchase...I completely by accident stumbled accross the BKP stand. I started having a browse around and i caught a glint of a shiny letter E out of the corner of my eye...

What i'd found was a 6 month old ENGL Screamer combo belonging to one of the BKP workers, for £500 - it had only been used to test their pups on before they got sent out and was in perfect condition albeit a little dusty...i then proceeded to talk him down to £450 +£25 for delivery and left a happier man than on arrival

So, that's the conclusion of my story, i hope you're all very envious of me
id sig you but i have no room lol. so ill just bow down to your username

deg0ey
Member of UG Irish Clan: Póg mo thóin
Wow, nice purchase. I really wanted to go to that, don't know why I didn't go in the end really. Lazy, I guess. What other companies were there?
- Gibson Les Paul Studio
- Squier Standard Strat
- Roland Cube 60
- Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde
- Boss OD-3
- Behringer EQ700
There were loads of others there, there was a marshall stand - and jim showed up for an autograph session...Peavey, Lag, Hughes and Kettner, Vox, Laney, Ashdown...too many to name, there may be a list on the website

deg0ey
Man, I should've gone. Oh well, I guess there's next year.
- Gibson Les Paul Studio
- Squier Standard Strat
- Roland Cube 60
- Boss OD-3
- Behringer EQ700
^ i'm glad you didn't, or you may've bought my screamer

deg0ey
There was a Manchester guitar show last sunday, I went to it, wow, t'was absolutely amazing, I wanted to buy everything, dammit.
And there was a '54 Strat there, just in its case, I stroked it may times mmmm

These type of things make you realise just how poor you are.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Didya happen to catch any performances by a guy called Chris Francis whilst there? He was there in association with alloutguitar.com, I think. Ace player, really nice guy, too.
My Band Me

Quote by deg0ey
^ i'm glad you didn't, or you may've bought my screamer
Hehe, when do you get it? Weren't you tempted to take it away with you then and there? Let me know how you like it when you get it.
- Gibson Les Paul Studio
- Squier Standard Strat
- Roland Cube 60
- Boss OD-3
- Behringer EQ700
I went there too today, it was prettty awesome stuff, especially the vox demos. However, there were a load of emo kids round there trying to look cool while playin, if they weren't there it would have been better.

It was awesome stuff though, such a good variety of gear to try and listen too. Next year its at the excel centre which is a lot bigger and better, so i'm definately goin back!!
I missed it.... I ****ing forgot it was on!
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

I went too- saw BRUCE BLOODY DICKINSON singing "run to the hills"

also took a few pics:

http://s65.photobucket.com/albums/h206/bass_dude/

although my camera was ****e. The trace elliots were fooking beautiful.
Quote by Dogruitag
i think he wants to dream theater to be considered more metal, so he dyed his beard.

Quote by LookAlive
Lmfao, this is the best thread ever, aside from the fact that it involves a girl being harpooned through a tent.
Sounds like a great day out, damn me living in liverpool
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
Hehe, when do you get it? Weren't you tempted to take it away with you then and there?
Very tempted, but i went up on the train and there was no way i was gonna carry it up the stairs outside wembley park should be delivered wednesday, so i don't have too long to wait

there were a load of emo kids round there trying to look cool while playin
They were all stood admiring the mesas when i went over there, so i pushed them aside and just showed them up something rotten - and they all went away after that (well away from me anyway)

I went too- saw BRUCE BLOODY DICKINSON singing "run to the hills"
When and where was he? i must've missed him - i left early after i spent all my money...

Already started saving for next year's show, and ima hire a van to go up instead of taking a train

deg0ey
Quote by deg0ey

When and where was he? i must've missed him - i left early after i spent all my money...

Already started saving for next year's show, and ima hire a van to go up instead of taking a train

he came on stage as a guest during Nicko's band's set- first the dude from We will rock you came on and sang a few, then Bruce just walks out, and sings a song duet style, before going into run to the hills

Nicko's was meant to start at 3, but technical problems ****ed around until about 3:20 start, right after therapy? (bloody good).

Alex
Quote by Dogruitag
i think he wants to dream theater to be considered more metal, so he dyed his beard.

Quote by LookAlive
Lmfao, this is the best thread ever, aside from the fact that it involves a girl being harpooned through a tent.
Awesome day, snapped some photos and tested some gear, also saw Jim Marshall signing posters.

Where the **** was the competition entry for the custom Organic guitar that's been followed in the last few issues of Guitar Buyer? I went to the Guitar Buyer stand to enter and was told the Organic competition entry was "over in that corner". Never found it, gave up and played with the LAG gear.

This guy was hilarious to watch. Two hand tapping with a wah peddle and thinking he's Jesus. Good showman though.
Lyrics, just breaks between killer solos.
cool.

did you get to try any BKP's?

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Dave, your new avatar scares me.

Cool. There weren't any ENGL's or BKP's and NAMM, when I went.
^come on, don't tell me you've never seen EVH's old face super-imposed over the mona lisa?

what's going on in your avatar, teddy? i always meant to ask...

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
You evil man...that's genius.

Im really tempted to buy a Marshall Micro-amp after seeing them today, never realised how small they really are and it'd be much more practicaly for me to just get one of those for practicing in the flat at Uni instead of lugging my current amp between the flat and my parents' place each holiday break.
^ it wasn't me, there's a whole thread of them over at the HC amp forum, lol.

this was the pick of them, I nabbed it before anyone else could...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Dave, your new avatar scares me.
+1
Where the **** was the competition entry for the custom Organic guitar that's been followed in the last few issues of Guitar Buyer?
There was a thing with the ticket stub that you could put in by the exit door to win a "PRS worth £2000", but it was ugly as hell - i entered anyway in case i could sell it, but i don't know if it was the same thing...
did you get to try any BKP's?
I tried many through my sceamer while sat there for ages ...You seem to have had much contact with the guys at BKP, do you know (of) Tim?

deg0ey
^ Just found it on GAK...it was a Billy Martin SE next to it - it can't have been that in the competition, it's only like £300

deg0ey
Quote by deg0ey
I tried many through my sceamer while sat there for ages ...You seem to have had much contact with the guys at BKP, do you know (of) Tim?

any good?

I know of tim from the BKP forums.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^yeah tims a really nice guy. tells you everything you need to know, replies quickly as well.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
^yeah, he does seem pretty cool.

I like the way he doesn't pretend that pickups are magic, lol.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^yeah i noticed that. he didn't seem like he was trying to sell me a pickup either, just tell me the facts. and he likes paul gilbert
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
^ hehe yeah, same when i spoke to him...he said it was his own personal amp that had just been used to test out the pickups on, but he didn't need it anymore because marshall have given him a stack - lucky bugger

deg0ey
I want a LAG JV1000 now...damn show letting me play with the sweet gear.
lol i've decided to take up bass after transposing guitar solos into the lowest 4 strings and then playing them on one of those peaveys - that was fun

deg0ey
Quote by deg0ey
^ hehe yeah, same when i spoke to him...he said it was his own personal amp that had just been used to test out the pickups on, but he didn't need it anymore because marshall have given him a stack - lucky bugger

That amp is a little bit of history.
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
i'm all excited now, i can't wait til wednesday...i have work wednesday night though, so i won't be able to play it til like 6

deg0ey