well they typically cos about 1000 new (correct me if im wrong), so ****ing go for it
"No one ? and I repeat, no one ? has ever died for a flag. See, a flag ... is just a piece of cloth. They may have died for freedom, which is also the freedom to burn the f*ckin' flag, see. That's freedom." - Bill Hicks
Great price! Get it.
"It's easier to believe than it is to think. Hence we have far more believers than thinkers."-?
"Ive been busted, discusted and couldn't be trusted"-Woody Guthrie
Gibson S1 Marauder
Epi LP Classic Quilt Top
Epi LP Standard Plus Flame Top
Yeah, only problem there is another guitar which has 24 frets and is handmade, a bit more expensive but still only 1/3 cost of new one, so I don't know
yeah, but at least I've played the custom guitar, I won't get a chance to play the gibson because it is in another state, so I don't know how bad the gibson special is compared to the studio
Buy it if you dont like it sell it for $550
PM me with talkbox questions.

A study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
there is a good chance

A study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
Gibsons suck seriously

I have always tried to like gibsons. In fact I even owned an SG standard for a while. But the tone just sucks. There is no clarity and they are the most uncomfortable guitars to play period.

Les Pauls are too heavy and hurt your neck. SGs are neck heavy and fall to the ground and break it's headstock if you take your hands off it.
But people recognize the headstock, I saw a local band the other night and they played some pretty good original solos, and all I could hear in terms of comments were bitching about how he was playing an epiphone and not a real guitar
I agree with rubberbullets Epis are made with the same materials Gibsons are made with besides maybe p-ups but they are easy to change. The only difference is usually the name.

I'm leaning towards the local made custom guitar, it's got 24 frets, splittable humbuckers, there are only a few hundred in production and josh homme and ben harper own a few between them, the only thing the gibson has going for it is the headstock name and the fact it will probably keep its value, which is probably higher than what I am paying
Quote by heiltalker2006
I agree with rubberbullets Epis are made with the same materials Gibsons are made with besides maybe p-ups but they are easy to change. The only difference is usually the name.

Not even REMOTELY close. They're very, very different guitars. The only thing they have in common is the look. Nothing else.

As for the LP Special - if it's in good ocndition, then it's worth the $350. You can easily sell it for $500 or more if you don't like it.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Quote by Ihearthetfield
Gibsons suck seriously

I have always tried to like gibsons. In fact I even owned an SG standard for a while. But the tone just sucks. There is no clarity and they are the most uncomfortable guitars to play period.

Les Pauls are too heavy and hurt your neck. SGs are neck heavy and fall to the ground and break it's headstock if you take your hands off it.

a little opinionated are we?
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
^ if you can afford a Gison SG you should know your SC, HB, P-90's
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
^Agreed. Basically, if you're buying a new guitar at all you should know what pickups sound like.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by MuffinMan
^ if you can afford a Gison SG you should know your SC, HB, P-90's

Exactly, so I was confused why he even bothered to buy an SG. I also assume if you spent that much, you would've learned about the '57 vs. burstbuckers vs the Standard's 498T bridge PU.
My garage band is non-pro and our lead's Gibson LP Smartwood has those PUs and so far nobody had anything bad to say, as in: Man those are thin-sounding OR Those sound like SCs, where's the growl?, etc. Unless you're a pro or a musician with superior tone recognition, it'll probably be a long while before you "feel" a need to upgrade them or even fully exploit what those have to offer. But then, PUs are pretty cheap anyway so it's really up to you. And since this is the UG, some will probably say they suck.
Get it and if you don;t like it you can re-sell it for more than you bought it for.
Administrator of the "Guitarists born in 1991 Club" PM me or greendayguitar to join.

Feel free to add me
Quote by rubberbullets
are the 490R and 498Ts decent? or need to be changed?

They're certainly not terrible pickups. I've had my LP Studio equipped with those pickups now for a few months and I think they sound OK. Burstbuckers would make a nice difference, but these certainly aren't bad pickups.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Les Pauls are too heavy and hurt your neck

Then your a pussy
My Rig:

Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Es-335 Deluxe
Line 6 Flextone 3 XL
Norman B-50
1980 Fender Acoustic