OK, i may have decided to buy this Jackson over all the Ibanez i looked at, its 714 ( american im guessing) dollars. what it play like?...it come with a maple neck and EMG-HZ pickups, Floyd Rose...DOES it have a thin neck?...a neck good for shred, metal, rock, blues?...PLEASE help me with this one guys.
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

dont get it, get a new DKMG from Zzounds thats what i just got, its $700 and is the same as the one you are looking at except it has real EMG's in it (81/85) and has a really fast neck, it is like a faster strat neck..IT IS A BEAST!!!
meh, the one im looking at still has EMG HZ's in it, which is h ella lot better than my epi g-400...and i was happy with wats in her...so chances are i will LOVE the DKMG...but is the neck fast and feel good?
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

Yeah it is an Unbelievable neck and it plays like a dream. The Licensed Floyd is actually nice. Make sure to get a 2006 model with the real Active EMG's, the HZ's suck, im not kidding. The actives are soooooo much better, thats why they upgraded the DKMG and put them in

Look at Musicians Friend or Zzounds and they have the new one for $700 at Zz and $749 at MF.
I have a DK1 with the skull paint job, used, and I got it for $320 it was a great deal. Anyway if the necks are anything alike it is very thin and great for shred and metal. The necks should be a lot alike becasue every Jackson I've played have fast necks. My dinky plays like a dream everyone thats ever played it wants it.
Seriously get the 06' model. The HZ pickups are really sterile sounding. They have no juice to the sound. Plus the LFRs on the new models are suposedly better.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
Yes, the HZ's are the crappiest pickups ever. Period. I also see from some other thread that if you buy an OFR, you can just drop it in place of the licensed (YAY!) No extra routing required.
Quote by wylde_overdrive
if you buy an OFR, you can just drop it in place of the licensed (YAY!) No extra routing required.

YES! Now I can add to my ultimate DKMG update list:

1. EMG 60 for Neck
2. Tremol-No
3. Original Floyd Rose

YES!!!
what amp do you have? chances are if you love a cheap guitar, your amp sucks.
I'm not racist.

I hate everyone the same.

^ what?:S...why would i love a cheap guitar?...and i have a samick 40 watt amp...its not bad with my effects pedal and junk...but i dont get your post.
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

cuz a cheap amp doesn't bring out the guitar's sound at all. meaning junk sounds just as good/bad as a nice guitar.
I'm not racist.

Don't worry about the amp till later, I just got a VOX AD50VT for like $350 and it has all the tones i need, but Hell Patrol, get the guitar and then the amp
I have the AD30VT and the Jackson DKMGT (same guitar, just with passives) and it's a great axe. I got mine for $350 in February.

It's a great metal guitar, I use it to play a lot of Metallica. While I've played thinner necks on Ibanez guitars, it's still thin. I wouldn't trade it for any Ibanez in it's price range.
Last edited by SuperSnake2012 at May 7, 2006,
The one with Actives is ok. But EMGs in Alder and bolt on itsn't my cup of tea
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
check out the esp mh 400

sounds right for you

or a Jackson with duncans
I'm not racist.

Quote by SpIkE27Z
check out the esp mh 400

sounds right for you

or a Jackson with duncans

yeah ive been checking out the MH-400 too...i was about to start seriously thinking about the MH-250...but then i found out that agathis sucks balls so i stayed aweay from that guitar...but that 400 is hellz nice...think it would be in aound the same price range as that Jackson DKMG?...or owuld it be more xpensive..cause i think ESP's are really pricey (im talking canadian dollars here)

LOLZ EDit: i forgot to add, are the Floyd Rose's on ESP guitars pretty good?...better than the ibanez RG models?
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

I just want to point out, that as thin as the neck on the DKMG may be, the access to the upper frets is rather terrible (compared to what I'm used too). Most bolt-ons are that way. That's why I refuse to buy a bolt-on Jackson. But nontheless, I played a few, a few times and they worked great. Trem is a hit or a miss. If you get a miss, then you'll be wasting 10 hours a week trying to tune it.

EDIT ^: No, ESP trems are not anywhere near as good as Ibanez's. The higher end OFR's could put up a fight with an Ibanez Edge but IMO the Edge would pwn it's ass 4 times.

DOUBLE EDIT: I'm not saying they suck (well, the licsenced ones do suck, as do most liscenced trems) but Ibanez trems are just that good.
Bleh.

Member #3 of the I Am Canadian Club, pm colen or Mantiscabinet to join
Member #3 of the Necrophagist worshippers pm night_lights to join
Member #2 of the Ibanez RG5xx & up club PM tombo32 to join < 110% credit to t2russo
Last edited by MetalToTheEnd at May 7, 2006,
^ so what doy ou think about getting a RG350DX?...or perhaps saving up another few hundred and buying a RGT42DX?
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

^ Out of the two, the RGT would do better.

BUT, the trem on both is mediocre. You'd be slightly better off with an RGT42DX but still would have a shity trem.

I suggest you save a couple more hundred and an extra 50 bucks for a 1570.
Bleh.

Member #3 of the I Am Canadian Club, pm colen or Mantiscabinet to join
Member #3 of the Necrophagist worshippers pm night_lights to join
Member #2 of the Ibanez RG5xx & up club PM tombo32 to join < 110% credit to t2russo
^ awesome...thanks for the help guys...but i dunno i think im probably going to end up going for the RG42DX...and if it IS like 1200 here...then i will probably buy the RG350DX for 689 bucks.
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

hey i jus bought a jackson dinky,im thinkin of putting either a dimebucker in it or an invader any ideas??
oh an unfinished neck(as in smooth)=fast playing
an generally most jacksons are unfinished necks
Get an Ibanez! As others have pointed out and I have to agree Ibanez bolt-on's > Jackson bolt's. As the higher frets as easy to reach.

Also, DO NOT get an Ibanez RG any lower than an RG1570 with an EDGE PRO bridge.

Edge II, III, and TRS suck hard. I know because I own one (RG270 with TRS) and my friend owns a (Ibanez 370DX w/ edge II), they we're beginner guitars for both of us.

IF you cannot afford an RG1570, then definately try out an S470, they're Mahogany body an have an awesome ZR trem. Another friend of mine has two S470s and loves them, and has had very good results from the ZR trem.

If you don't want the S because it does only have 22 frets and again the RG1570 is too much then really your only other "decent" option is an Ibanez 321MH mahogany body with a fixed bridge. Just put your favorite pickups in it and some Grover locking tuners and you've for a bangin' guitar for under $600.
Last edited by Diminished29 at May 7, 2006,