Hi,

im not technical, so im kinda afraid to take off my guitars pickguard.

anyway, i own a pretty cheap strat, with all singe coil pickups, and want to enchance it's sound.

and this idea came to my head... what if i buy a pickguard with a humbucker hole in it, take the connections of my bridge pickup, and replace it with a new humbucker, that would fit in its new pickguard bridge pickup place?

would that at all be possible, so i could keep the 5 way switch as it is, and everything else too?

so basicly, would it be possible to just take the connections of a single coil pickup, and connect them to a humbuker, so it would work?

thank you!
Sell it and buy a fat strat. Even if you buy a pickguard that will accomodate a humbucker, you've still got to cut a hole into the wood under it.
some guitars are already routed for a humbucker....check under your pickguard, its the only way
My Gear-

Guitars
- Schecter Gryphon
- Ibanez GRX40

Amp/Effects

- Crate FXT65 With DSP
- Dunlop Cry Baby Classic

My Choice
- DR 9's
- Dunlop 2mm
Most strats in fact are routed for a bridge humbucker... but if yours isn't and you don't fancy doing the routing then there are plenty of single coil sized humbuckers

stacked humbucker maybe? they're sexy.
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
ok so if it has the humbucker hole for it, all i ave to do is take the wires off the single coil, and solder to the humbucker?
Quote by 4e574e57363g
Hi,

im not technical, so im kinda afraid to take off my guitars pickguard.

anyway, i own a pretty cheap strat, with all singe coil pickups, and want to enchance it's sound.

and this idea came to my head... what if i buy a pickguard with a humbucker hole in it, take the connections of my bridge pickup, and replace it with a new humbucker, that would fit in its new pickguard bridge pickup place?

would that at all be possible, so i could keep the 5 way switch as it is, and everything else too?

so basicly, would it be possible to just take the connections of a single coil pickup, and connect them to a humbuker, so it would work?

thank you!

if you have really bad wood in the guitar the best pickups in the world wouldnt make much of a difference
change the pots maybe if the output is that different
Quote by R_H_C_P
You're joking right?

It's like comparing sex to sticking your penis in a blender.

they have cheap humbuckers on ebay. but u wont notice a difference over ur single coil.

biggest sound enhancement is amp or pedal upgrade or purchase.
then its pickup. and then, only if its stock to higher grade pup.

But, if u upgrade a pickup and still hate the guitar, u can always take it out and put it in the next guitar u get, so there's no loss in trying.

to know if u want a railed / mini humbucker or a fullsized, ull need to look and see if its routed (like said)
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Have you seen those mini humbucker things? they fit in single coil slots

EDIT: smb already mentioned it
PM me with talkbox questions.

A study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
get a mini seymour jb
or hot rails
Quote by bajeda
congrats, you made me chuckle at your stupidity.

Seinfeld Club
mmmm. I think it would be better and cheaper to buy a Epi Junior or something off eBay. You can get those LTD M-50 cheap also.
Quote by Chromeproguitar

I installed both of those single humbuckers in my Peavey Tracer. I have a Duncan Distortion in the bridge, the single hot rail in the neck, and the other in the center. they look cool and sound glassy. They don't do well with distortion... fuzz ok, but not distortion.
Quote by Chazzy29
I installed both of those single humbuckers in my Peavey Tracer. I have a Duncan Distortion in the bridge, the single hot rail in the neck, and the other in the center. they look cool and sound glassy. They don't do well with distortion... fuzz ok, but not distortion.

cool im not sure what its gonna do in the center or in the neck prob make it muddy and not good distortion like you said....hmm
Quote by bajeda
congrats, you made me chuckle at your stupidity.

Seinfeld Club