Page 1 of 2
Rory was absolutely amazing. Top 5 guitarist for me definitely. It's a terrible shame he doesn't get more recognition. Great video too, I love that song.
Wow, that's some catchy stuff.
Here's what the critics are saying about Hanzi_G:

Quote by SteveHouse
Hanzi_G = god damned prophet.

SIG ME GODDAMMIT
That's amazing.
Quote by grimreaper65
Har har har. Go stuff your panties with toads and then masturbate.

Ahh, I love the Pit.

Quote by SilentDeftone
I don't need to report you, I can just ban you instead.

-SD

Owned!
Rory Gallagher kicks ass. I'd even say he's the best blues guitarist ever.

The day i got Irish Tour I listened to it 3 times in a row and I'm still not tired of it
Quote by seljer
Rory Gallagher kicks ass. I'd even say he's the best blues guitarist ever.

The day i got Irish Tour I listened to it 3 times in a row and I'm still not tired of it

I that album so much, "Million Miles Away", "Walk On Hot Coals"

He's so good live, its a shame his studio stuff wasn't quite as good.
If you've got such a problem with Page, why do you continue to work him into every damn post you make?
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
^To balance things out perhaps? After all, the number of people who are kissing Page's ass seem to multiply every day. I whole-heartedly agree that Mr. Gallagher is a much better guitarist than Page. And I don't say that because I hate Zeppelin or Page. As a matter of fact, I happen to love Zeppelin's music.
Quote by Resiliance
I'm more of a hermafrodite guy.

Quote by apocalypse13
Lolz

/ultimatesin = genius]

[/really super obvious]

Original creator of the Resi Signal(s)
Only old shred forum regs get it

Some MP3's from me.

My Videos

Click for awesomeness
That man is a God
Long Live Rock

Be it dead or alive..

Founding Member of the Capital Punishment to people posting about Guns N Roses in the Classic Rock Forum Club. PM me to join.

a proudly scarred member of the Windmiller's Club
Meh. Sure he's a good player, but I've never liked him.

Cheers,
CD
Phish Phan
Dead Head
moe. ron.
Phil's Friend
I agree he's better than Page, but he seems to just be a white ripoff of Chuck Berry. Such is the story of black Rock and Roll.
Quote by VoodooChild15
If you've got such a problem with Page, why do you continue to work him into every damn post you make?

Its not to do with having a problem, I LOVE discussing how **** he is.

And not every post, just because some that you see me posting happen to be relevant to him doesn't mean he's all I discuss. I'm entitled to an opinion, as are you and granted I have slotted him into this thread but that was to create a contrast in players, i.e. Page whom people presume is the best, and Gallagher who is undoubtably a better player. Therefore I'm helping to create a range in peoples musical interests.

The thread isn't a Page vs Gallagher thread, its a thread about Gallagher, so lets keep it on topic.
Last edited by Derigiberble at May 8, 2006,
Quote by FaceTheBass
but he seems to just be a white ripoff of Chuck Berry.

I think Rory was actually quite unique. I like his music more than Chuck Berry's too. I also agree that he's miles better than Page, but you didn't really need to say it - it goes without saying. I prefer 'Live in Europe' to 'Irish Tour' though. That and Band of Gypsys inspired me to play blues.
Chuck Berry was undoubtably guilty of ripping off Boogie Woogie Piano licks, yet people still see him as an unbelievably unique musician.

Gallagher with Taste was really a step up in blues rock playing, he took the genre up to a totally new level of excitement.
This is the only song I've ever seen this cat play, and you have to admit that at first glance it is very Chuck Berry, as far as stage presence goes.
Other than that though he plays a range of song styles, hes a dab hand with an acoustic too.
I saw a documentary on Chuck Berry once and I was left with the impression that he has a pretty big ego. I'd rather just listen to his music.
Well, while we're on the subject of Rory...

A Million Miles Away

Gamblin' Blues (Taste)

Last Of The Independants

Too Much Alcohol (acoustic)

Tatto'd Lady

Been looking for an excuse to post them, and here it is.
Rory was undoubtedly the man (in a good way). Insanely good, far outreaches Page and in my opinion rivals Hendrix as one of the best players of all time. Although to call him a white Chuck Berry rip-off is a bit stupid really. All Chuck did really - along with Elvis - is make blues music more upbeat and danceable. Rory played the blues upbeat, but he played with one heck of a soul.

EDIT: Fine, Deri-whatshisface beat me to it (in a sense). But still, those above vidoes are a choice few of my favourites.
Rory Gallagher is amazing but he is by no means the best. He was electric with an Angus like stage presence, but his blues playing is nothing more than standard blues amplified to an extreme.
Long Live Rock

Be it dead or alive..

Founding Member of the Capital Punishment to people posting about Guns N Roses in the Classic Rock Forum Club. PM me to join.

a proudly scarred member of the Windmiller's Club
After researching a bit, I think that the video in the original post is one of the least impressive things this guy's done. He's basically just wanking a 12 bar thing on slide and jumping around. There are other videos of him that I find extremely engaging, though.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
Quote by ZoSoII_13
Rory Gallagher is amazing but he is by no means the best. He was electric with an Angus like stage presence, but his blues playing is nothing more than standard blues amplified to an extreme.

His playing was a LOT better than standard. He was undoubtably one of the best at what he did. Just because he didn't shred or constantly play pointlessly fast doesn't set him back as a great guitarist. He had soul and enthusiasm, and he always knew what he was playing and going to play. Thats what makes him one of the best.

Quote by VoodooChild15
After researching a bit, I think that the video in the original post is one of the least impressive things this guy's done. He's basically just wanking a 12 bar thing on slide and jumping around. There are other videos of him that I find extremely engaging, though.

Granted his playing on this is not excessively difficult or amazing, but his general performance and ability to work an audience into going crazy and jumping on stage is undoubtably the best thing about this performance. I posted it so that people could see the way he engages an audience and how people find it hard not to be amazed.
Quote by distilledspirit
Good stuff, but I must say, Jimmy has done way better.

Leave that pisstake out of this, he couldn't play with that much energy if he was rigged up to a 12v battery.

Actually thats not a bad idea.... death by electricity.... i can picture it now

*hazy dream*

Quote by Derigiberble
Leave that pisstake out of this, he couldn't play with that much energy if he was rigged up to a 12v battery.

*hazy dream*

The most depressing thing is that you spent time making that with MS Paint
Quote by xX*Zeppelin*Xx
The most depressing thing is that you spent time making that with MS Paint

Paint > You
Quote by Derigiberble

*hazy dream*

you got me there.
Quote by Derigiberble
Paint > You

It's not much use if you like making pictures of Page fornicating goats

^^^

i always knew there was more to him than just a kiddy fiddler... he just had to go one better
Ahahah.. gotta love the "wanking a 12 bar thing on a slide". Slide is not easy to play, any good slide player can tell you that and I'm sure any of Rory's wanking's is a million miles away better than the poster of that comment. And to give Rory more credit, he was a workingman's player, always paid attention to his fans unlike the stuck up arrogant "im a rock star" and screw the fans like the other named guitar player that hijacked the thread.
Quote by Myrdinn
Ahahah.. gotta love the "wanking a 12 bar thing on a slide". Slide is not easy to play, any good slide player can tell you that and I'm sure any of Rory's wanking's is a million miles away better than the poster of that comment. And to give Rory more credit, he was a workingman's player, always paid attention to his fans unlike the stuck up arrogant "im a rock star" and screw the fans like the other named guitar player that hijacked the thread.

"Rory's death really upset me. He was such a nice guy and a great player."
-Jimmy Page

Hey look Page was a fan!
Quote by Brothers_In_Arms
The Darkness are kind of a classic rock band, despite being a current band, so i though id put it here.
Page 1 of 2