Hey guys,

I have seen some real nice guitars on ebay and I was wondering - is it o.k. to get a guitar off ebay??? What would be the things that would be wrong with them, or that I'd have to look out for before I bought one?

I have seen a schecter c-1 plus on ebay and I really like it, but I'm not sure..... The cheapest schecters in Aus are easily over $1000 aud. This one is much cheaper.

Lastly - how does schecters compare to jacksons for metal? If I got a schecter it would probably be out of the c-1 classic, plus and blackjack - how would they compare to say a KVX10D? I dont have the money (or the amp) to upgrade the pickups at the moment so the stock pickups are important....

Metal is pretty much all I play so the cleans aren't as important as the metal tones it will give me. I have a fender FM65R at the moment but will upgrade when I get some more money....

Cheers in advance,

Dan
Gear List;

Laney VH100R with Matching Cab
Ibanez RGT42FM
Schecter C-1+
BC Rich Neck Thru Warlock
ISP Noise Decimator
Ibanez TS9
It's okay to get guitars off ebay, except for the ones that claim to be $3000 guitars and are bidding for $0.50.

I prefer Jacksons for shreddy stuff, but for really heavy things, I like Schecter.
be careful , there are just as many guys ripping you off as there are legit auctions. also, pay atttention to the wording...stuff like 'sold as is' can be bad news, or if the seller claims to be selling it for someone else and has never seen what he's selling. try to buy established guitar brands, ebay has a lot of knockoffs that play like ****. best of luck to ya m8
um if there arent atleast 10 pictures showing everything hes probably hiding a big scratch or something like that
Quote by wylde_overdrive
It's okay to get guitars off ebay, except for the ones that claim to be $3000 guitars and are bidding for $0.50.

I prefer Jacksons for shreddy stuff, but for really heavy things, I like Schecter.

hahahaha

Yeah I've seen those! You gotta know nothing about guitars to fall for that ****....

Cheers wylde_overdrive,

Dan
Gear List;

Ibanez RGT42FM
Schecter C-1+
ISP Noise Decimator
Ibanez TS9
schecter hellraiser would be awesome for metal, but if you want to shred, the neck may not be for you, though i personally love schecter necks. Anyway general rule of thumb on ebay, if it sounds too good to be true, then it is. If it's a good deal, then e-mail the guy maybe, get some info on it, but chances are it is probably real. And it if is a mediocre deal then just buy one from a sjop.
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
Cheers guys,

I sent the guy an email asking him tons and tons of questions - If I gave you guys a look, could you help me out with it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Schecter-C-1-C1-C-1-plus-electric-guitar-with-case_W0QQitemZ7413070640QQcategoryZ121166QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This probably isnt the exact one ill get, but something similar.....

thanks again,

Dan
Gear List;

Ibanez RGT42FM
Schecter C-1+
ISP Noise Decimator
Ibanez TS9
Ya, I also don't think the Hellraiser neck is the best for shredding. I (and many others) prefer unfinished necks.
Quote by wylde_overdrive
I'm pretty sure it's real. It's also a nice guitar !

hahahahahaha

Cheers wylde_overdrive!

Dan
Gear List;

Ibanez RGT42FM
Schecter C-1+
ISP Noise Decimator
Ibanez TS9
Yup, looks genuine. Just make dead certain that it is what you want as you can't try it out before buying, and consider the postage carefully as you don't know whether any damage was there before it was sent or not.