how is the tone of those Elixer coated strings the rustproof ones? or any other coated brands youve tried? Ive never had a bad rust problem just wondering about thier tone, if its mellower than DiAddarios, GHS Boomers, or Ernie Balls.
Well, the tone that your strings make isn't very significant. Sometimes, you won't even notice that your strings are doing anything to your tone.

Elixer's defiantely give you a brighter sound (not very noticable, as with all other strings) that lasts longer then any other brand of strings.
Bleh.

Member #3 of the I Am Canadian Club, pm colen or Mantiscabinet to join
Member #3 of the Necrophagist worshippers pm night_lights to join
Member #2 of the Ibanez RG5xx & up club PM tombo32 to join < 110% credit to t2russo
Strings make a huge difference in tone. Maybe not the brand of strings, most of the time, but the newness of them makes a difference.

I don't like Elixer strings. I tried to like them, because they do last for much longer, but to me they sound kinda dead from the beginning.
If you want a brighter tone go with the Elixers or Ernie Balls. Ghs boomers are a mellower tone. All depends on your preference.
My Gear-
Schecter 006 BlackJack
Ovation Tangent T357
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Roland Cube 60
Boss NS-2, CE-5, DS-1
DiMarzio Pedal Couplers
^ You get used to it after a while. And it actually becomes a lot easier to play like that because it doesn't rust, vibrato's and bending A LOT smoother.
Bleh.

Member #2 of the Ibanez RG5xx & up club PM tombo32 to join < 110% credit to t2russo
Quote by MetalToTheEnd
^ You get used to it after a while. And it actually becomes a lot easier to play like that because it doesn't rust, vibrato's and bending A LOT smoother.

well how long is a while? i had them on my SZ for about a week or two and couldnt take it anymore. took them off, trashed em, and put on a set of good old trusty D'Addarios.
DR makes coated strings too.

i use elixers on my acoustics. but they sounded strange on my electrics. so i usually use dadds now.

but its all preference. some guys love them. only one way to find out.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Elixirs are my preferred brand of strings, they last forever and sound very vibrant. They costs twice as much as Ernie Balls, though.
[IMG]http://www.lolwut.com/layout/lolwut.jpg[/IMG]
Quote by lp_dude_2
well how long is a while? i had them on my SZ for about a week or two and couldnt take it anymore. took them off, trashed em, and put on a set of good old trusty D'Addarios.
Well I guess they aren't for everyone. But they do making vibrato and bending a lot smoother.
Bleh.