Hey I just got a Vox v847 wah-wah pedal yesterday, and I was wondering what distortion pedal sounds best with this pedal. I play mostly classic rock.

Also, what's this I hear about getting the Vox a true bypass or something? What does that mean, what does it do, and how much does it cost?

Thanks in advance.
Originally posted by josephde
i feel like an idiot, so plz don't flame me, but is hendrix still alive?

Quote by orangecake
I incorporate shred and tapping because i am a technical player, not a simple guitarist.

Quote by hendrix513
Hey I just got a Vox v847 wah-wah pedal yesterday, and I was wondering what distortion pedal sounds best with this pedal. I play mostly classic rock.

Also, what's this I hear about getting the Vox a true bypass or something? What does that mean, what does it do, and how much does it cost?

Thanks in advance.

What amp do you have?

True Bypass bypasses the wiring when the wah is off, therefore not sucking tone.

Edit: True Bypass kits run for 20 bucks. Not even.
Love in technicolour, sprayed out on walls
Well I've been pounding at the pavement
'Til there's nothing at all
I got my cloak and dagger
In a bar room brawl
See the local loves a fighter
Loves a winner to fall
distortions have no effect on how a wah sounds. the boss ds-1 is probably your best bet however.
true bypass means that when you turn the pedal off, it doesnt effect your tone. theres some sites to get the stuff and everything, just google it.
Quote by thatgu1targuy
distortions have no effect on how a wah sounds. the boss ds-1 is probably your best bet however.
true bypass means that when you turn the pedal off, it doesnt effect your tone. theres some sites to get the stuff and everything, just google it.

When they are run at the same time, yes they do have an effect.
In a bar room brawl
Loves a winner to fall
Quote by hendrix513

Thanks in advance.

amp and price range please
TEEP!!! Oiiiiiiieeeeeeeyyy!!!!!!
my amp is a crate 15..... and nothing over like 70 bucks i dont think
Originally posted by josephde
i feel like an idiot, so plz don't flame me, but is hendrix still alive?

Quote by orangecake
I incorporate shred and tapping because i am a technical player, not a simple guitarist.

How heavy do ya wanna get.

I wont say get a new amp because I dont think you have tube amp money.
So Boss Blues Driver for Hendrix/ a little heavier. It emulates a tube amp pretty well. And when ya get a tube amp, its a great clean boost.
In a bar room brawl
Loves a winner to fall
The DS-1 is pretty decent for classic rock and works pretty well with other effects. Put the wah first in your effects chain(Guitar-wah-distortion-amp) because having the distortion first will make the wah muffled and unresponsive.
Quote by MoneyForNothin'
The DS-1 is pretty decent for classic rock and works pretty well with other effects. Put the wah first in your effects chain(Guitar-wah-distortion-amp) because having the distortion first will make the wah muffled and unresponsive.

no, having the wah after the dist would make the wah so pronounced that it becomes a way funky volume pedal.
Quote by boardsofcanada
no, having the wah after the dist would make the wah so pronounced that it becomes a way funky volume pedal.

...which would make it sound muffled and unresponsive.
I like

Guitar-wah-overdrive-amp.
In a bar room brawl
Loves a winner to fall
Quote by StratRat13
When they are run at the same time, yes they do have an effect.

no it doesnt change how the wah sounds. i have a dunlop crybaby, boss ds-1, and my friends digitech grunge and they have no change on the wah
yes it does change the sound of the distortion because the wah is changing the sound, itll do that with any distortion
I would say go for a fuzz pedal. For hendrixy type stuff fuzz or octave fuzz or anything FUZZ... will work well.
How many of you people know you're alive?