Hi there UG,
I have a Kustom Quad100 DFX and well...the lead channel is kinda to mellow for me. I want it to have more gain but without a pedal, I'm selling my distortion pedal and other stuff. Is there any way I can mod the amp so there will be more gain? Theres a boost button on the control panel with a knob that makes the gain go up and down. Can I mod that? Make it clip a little more??
FS/T: Ibanez RG570, IBZ/DiMarzio V8 Pup

Member #6 of the Ibanez RG5xx & up club PM tombo32 to join < 110% credit to t2russo
not without considerable modification, and you better know what your doing if you do attempt it or you'll just **** it up.
The Gear:

Custom Strat
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Ace
Fulltone OCD
Electro Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
MXR EVH-117 Flanger
Fulltone Soul Bender
Is it SS, tube? Need more info.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Is it SS, tube? Need more info.

Its SS, I was thinking something with the diodes??
AMP

Member #6 of the Ibanez RG5xx & up club PM tombo32 to join < 110% credit to t2russo
Last edited by LAGZO at May 7, 2006,
*Bump*

Almost impossible...a digital modelling amp requires putting new firmware on the chips...you'd have to code your mods.
Hmm, I didn't know it was a Digital modeling amp lol. The lead and clean channel run seperate. The lead channel has a "Boost" button. The effects are seperate I think too. I think only the effects are digital, hence DFX in the model name. Doesn't the dirty channel come from diodes or LED's? If this is a digital modeling amp then so is the Marshall MG with EFX :X

^The MG is too
I'd say the distortion is also digital. Hit Kustom up with an email and ask.