Ok so i got an Artec soundhole pick up for my acoustic yesterday as i am going to need it for a gig on tuesday night. The only problem is i can hardly hear the low E an A strings and the B string rings out really loud! Its virtually the only string you can hear! So i just wondered if anyone knows any tricks of the trade or whateva that could help me out! Cheers tobz
Gibson SG (Heavily modded)
Fender USA Strat
Hohner 12 String-uber rare

Fender Silverface Twin

EHX Big Muff
Digitech badmonkey overdrive
Boss DS-1
Blackstar Distortion X
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez Delay
Digitech Whammy
When I use my soundhole pick up, I adjust the PA to these settings: (by the numbers on the clock)

BASS: As clockwise as possible...pegged.
MID: 12
TRE: 2

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
Quote by tobythechimp
Ok so i got an Artec soundhole pick up for my acoustic yesterday as i am going to need it for a gig on tuesday night. The only problem is i can hardly hear the low E an A strings and the B string rings out really loud! Its virtually the only string you can hear! So i just wondered if anyone knows any tricks of the trade or whateva that could help me out! Cheers tobz

i'm not familiar with that exact soundhole pickup.... but most soundhole pickups can be pretty easily adjusted to fix problems like that. you can usually raise or lower the pickup (relative to the strings) to adjust volume of highs and lows. other than that you really just need to sit down with whatever amp you are going to mike through the PA and tweak it until you get the volume ranges you are looking for. if you are going to plug straight into a PA system then i guess i'd try what roamingbird said.