Well i play thru a cheap roland 15 cube and i was wondering. Which pedal should i get considering cost. I dont think i am really going to be able to get the GT-8 at the price but i would like to know how much better it is than the Gt-6 and me-50 and is it worth gettin the gt-6 over the me-50 since its double the price. OR should i get a tottaly differant multi fx pedal i havent mentioned (pedal board is not an option :P)

THanks Joe
The gt-8 is a full 2 numbers more than the gt-6.

No, really, stick with the boss pedals. The gt's are meant for amp emulation, best used with a keyboard amp or anything with frfr. So a tech 21 power engine or a roland kc-350 works best with the gt's. However, if you're not strapped for cash, you can get a good power amp with it. I have a gt-8, and i was going to get a mesa recto 2:100, but i've bought a number of things recently so i've got empty pockets for the time being. Not to mention, the gt-8 rig isn't something i use often, so that's not going to happen too soon.

The me-50, i find, is just effects, simply put. A lot of it is really quite bad actually, but it gives you the option of presets. If you're not looking into midi any time soon, it's a very good investment. However, the gt's offer the same thing, and as mentioned, amp models. I find the amp models help a lot in that the od/ds models are pretty generic and all of them sound quite similar at high volumes. But seeing as you already have a cube, i suggest you get the me-50. Processors like the gt's requires more or less a completely different setup in terms of amps, and i'm guessing you don't want to go that route just yet. The me-50 will give you the od/ds models you might consider using, but more imporantly, modulation effects like chorus, delay, phaser and what not. I don't know how many of the effects you can use in conjunction, but i suspect you'll have all you need.
Cheers
Quote by drevil814
Be a man and tell her off. If that doesn't work, a roundhouse kick to the face will.

Quote by flesh fries
im not racist....ive got a color tv
Thanks a lot, probably the most comprehensive answer ive found anywhere
No problem.
Also, i forgot to mention this in my previous posts, but if you do look into the gt's, the gt-6 has had a tremendous price drop from what i understand. It's hard to find it new, but places like ebay have it for 200-300. Same thing with the me-50, used won't matter on things like this, since you can just reset all the patches with the master control.
Cheers

Edit: No, you don't need a tube amp for any of these things. You need a frfr amp, full range flat response. Keep your amp on clean settings, no extras. That of course, applies to the amp models on the gt's. If you're looking into the me-50, it won't matter what amp you use. Just try to balance amp models on your cube with the drive controls on the me-50. Otherwise, you might stumble upon a case of bleeding ears.

Eventually, you'll be pressured into believing that a tube amp is far superior to a solid-state courtesy of the UG community, but at the moment, with the boss processors, you should be set.
Cheers
Quote by drevil814
Be a man and tell her off. If that doesn't work, a roundhouse kick to the face will.

Quote by flesh fries
im not racist....ive got a color tv
Last edited by BlinkBlinkBlink at May 7, 2006,
Yeah ebay wise ive managed to find a gt6 for around 120£ which is great. Also the everyone says the me50 sucks tone (like all digital fx pedals apparantly do) but is this the case with the Gt6? wowwwee your so informative i could marry you :P