So you're probably thinking, "Doesn't this belong in Modern rock or pop punk?" Well, this first album was REAL punk, pretty much a rip off of Dance With Me by TSOL, but still the sex. Please don't close this right away or bring up what the band has done recently.

What do you think of it? I'll post some of my favorite songs from it, maybe that will show they were once punk? Unfortunately, I can't post Kill the President because the government took it off the site...

Beheaded
A Thousand Days

Out on Patrol

Jennifer Lost the War
One of their best album's in my opinion. Jennifer lost the war is a great song
Celtic FootballClub1888
It's hard for me to believe that the Offspring can go from a C.D. like this about satanic rituals and killing people for fun to making stuff like Hit That that was all over the radio and t.v. A lot of people have never heard of this album, or at least never heard the songs, but there's some good stuff. It's unfortunate that they changed their sound so much, because there was some really interesting stuff on this record. And, sure it was a T.S.O.L. rip-off, but I don't mind because they do it well and still have a slighty different sound than T.S.O.L.
Quote by opivy21
It's hard for me to believe that the Offspring can go from a C.D. like this about satanic rituals and killing people for fun to making stuff like Hit That that was all over the radio and t.v. A lot of people have never heard of this album, or at least never heard the songs, but there's some good stuff. It's unfortunate that they changed their sound so much, because there was some really interesting stuff on this record. And, sure it was a T.S.O.L. rip-off, but I don't mind because they do it well and still have a slighty different sound than T.S.O.L.

To be honest, Demons and Beheaded were the only songs about killing people... even Kill the President was political/social, as the rest of the album.
actually the only offspring album I like. I dont even really object to it being discussed here.
WHY DON'T YOU CONSULT EROWID FIRST?
Quote by doggy_hat
It's sad how the love drug is corrupted with so much bullshit
Offspring have made some great music but i miss there old stuff. I would pick there punk stuff over all of there new stuff.
Quote by dain84
To be honest, Demons and Beheaded were the only songs about killing people... even Kill the President was political/social, as the rest of the album.

I know. I was just making a point that they've lost a lot of what makes bands exciting. They're polished and boring now (in my opinion).
Yeah, theyre more talented now, but they've lost all the passion.
yea ive always wanted to check out this CD but i haven't found it anywhere
This Album is awesome. This thread made me bust it out.

I can put it on Gmail if you want Prince.
"This shit here's called Death"
"What the fuck? You mean I'm gonna hit this shit and die?"
"No Nigga! I said Deaf. You hit this and you aint gonna hear shit!"
whoa, johnny, delete that please

PM instead
Quote by doggy_hat
i always wanted to know that.........nobody wanted to tell me .........anyways,can i use it too?
"Where the Beatles wanted to hold your hand, the Stones wanted to fuck your sister or daughter"

My profile
sure
Quote by doggy_hat
Love this album. Really dark and really gets to the point where you wish that the offspring progressed from this sound to something less mainstream.