Hey guys, my band A Lesser Evil is almost done with our demo/ep and we would like you guys to listen to one of the songs. Its called Dont hold back. Anyway, we were going to use this album we're recording as an ep but im not sure if the quality is good enough. The quality is not bad, but its not as good a studio. So, if you dont mind listening to the song and telling us if you think we could use this quality recording for an ep (which will cost around $2.00 USD) or whethere we should just use it as a demo for gigs and to hand out for free. Also please leave comments on the actual song as well. thanks alot!!!

http://www.purevolume.com/alesserevil

i would really apreciate feedback on the recording quality and the song!!! thanks alot

i will crit back, just leave a link to your thread
I liked it. It was really good. Also I noticed the picture on your purevolume, is that from finnigans? My friends band plays there a lot. Love that place. But yea, keep up the work!
The vocals were a little too loud. Maybe work the levels a bit. Other than that it sounded pretty decent. I liked how it sounded other than the levels. What amps are you using on the guitar?
Thanks a lot guys for the feed back. Answering TMSBand's qustion, yeah that is from finnigan, we play there quite often, whats your freinds bands name we might have seen them there? and Jmac, since i am only the drummer i am not sure of the amp we used but i know that it is a modeling amp.
Old king cole was a merry old soul, a merry old soul was he.
He called for his pipe, and he called for his bowl( ****ing stoner)
and he called information for numbers he could have easily looked up in the phone book.
The band I was talking about are called Infernal Truth. They used to play there at least once or twice a month.
It's not my thing, but it seems you're good at what you do, you have a good drummer their, the singing annoys me, but as I say it's not really my thing.
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
quite a well done song, but like u said the quality isnt the best, i think u should probably consider just using this for a free demo. good work though, i like ur screams also
The intro reminded me of something from Jet. Jet's pretty cool in my book, so good job. I'm diggin' the drumming and guitaring. Did you put some effects on vox? It kinda sounds like you put some Chorus on there or something...but then again, I'm listening to this in Creative Writing very quietly. All in all, I liked the feel of it, it definitely appealed to my taste. Could I get a Crit back?

Crit please Brick Building
Every once in a while, I'd like to be blinded by the light.
to who ever asked what amp was used, i used a behringer gmx 212.....excelent amp for the price......
thanks alot for all the replys!!!!!! i really apreciate it!
listening........

quality is pretty good for a full band recording.

did you double track your voice? It's not the best, but it's perfect for this genre of music. Nevertheless, turn down the vocals and turn up the other instruments.

The layered vocals, between singing, shouting, and screaming were very nicely done.

I liked this a lot, very catchy, very pop punk-esque. But I think you should just single track your main singing voice.
You have a very good ear, the vocals are doubled throughout the song. i will try soloing one vocal track in the verse and then putting both on in the chorus like u said

also, who ever said the thing about chorus on the vox, they were right.
This is not the kind of music I like, but my son listens to a ton of this stuff. It is good for demo quality. The guitars need pushed up in the mix a bit. Actually, the entire mix is a bit dull. Someone else suggested this would be a good mix for a free demo, and that is true, but even then, with todays cheap and decent quality recording gear, even the bar on "demo" quality has been raised. It sounds like this was a band room recording, and if that is true, then very good. If you paid a studio to do this, well, that's a different story. But I do not hear that this was done in an acoustcally treated environment.

Here are a couple of mine you can crit:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=376336
very good! i would actually listen to this band!

i like the screamer, he is very good. im sure you know to improve the recording quality, but make sure that the next songs you make up to not be too predictable. and make sure songs within themselves are not predictable. and good luck! you definetely got a good thing going!
Quote by 13Flxxrocker
very good! i would actually listen to this band!

i like the screamer, he is very good. im sure you know to improve the recording quality, but make sure that the next songs you make up to not be too predictable. and make sure songs within themselves are not predictable. and good luck! you definetely got a good thing going!

wow thanks alot! we have a couple of songs that feature some more screaming, not just little parts. we gonna do a good quality ep infact i belive we are starting this weekend
Quote by TMSBand
The band I was talking about are called Infernal Truth.
Are you serious? My friend's brother is in that band. Small world I guess.
Last edited by ygokazuki at Jun 21, 2006,
Not really into the Blink 182/Greenday american punk kinda scene, though you do seem to be doing what u are doing rather well, so alls i can say is keep up the work you are doing and good luck...

Please check out my band, our EP is on our myspace at ...

WWW.MYSPACE.COM/ENDORSE

constructive critisism much appreciated
Critting as I listen...
Love this intro, very blink/Offspring sound.
Very energetic here, vocals could use a little work.
I didn't like the screams TBH, I don't think they fit the song very well.
Nice riffs, very blink. Damn catchy, nice job.
Crit mine?
Quote by ENDORSE
Not really into the Blink 182/Greenday american punk kinda scene, though you do seem to be doing what u are doing rather well, so alls i can say is keep up the work you are doing and good luck...

Please check out my band, our EP is on our myspace at ...

WWW.MYSPACE.COM/ENDORSE

constructive critisism much appreciated

not bad man.......i like the style, pretty easy to listen. i especially like the vox, they sound very good! every thing sounds solid!
This isn't really my sort of dealio. My punk sensibility lies in The Clash.

But whatever needed fixing beforehand, it sounds pretty good now. I wont whine about the recording quality because mine is horrible.

It all sort of works though, hey? It definatley gets you tapping along. As a genre, and the screams, I'm not much of a fan. But this definately comes together like a well made sandwich.

mine: http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=377423