Ok i have this problem. The guitar parts we write for the songs in my band, i can play good with no drums or bass or anything, but i always mess up the rhythm while playing all together. Can ayone give me any tips to work on this or what can i do to help myself improve?
if your having trouble hearing yourself turn your amp up...other then that...practice. truthfully when you play by yourself it may sound good to you but your timing may be all over the place til you actually get with a drummer, then you can't stay with him...

or...

it could be your drummer is all off on his timing and can't keep a beat throwing you all off.

to fix this all you can do is practice. there are no "tips" that'll just fix it. its either you or the drummer messing up.
Ask your drummer to give you a recording of whatever he's playing and then practice with that.
just try not to pay attention to the drumming. See how you do without paying attention to it. See if you stay in time. I try not to pay attnetion to the drums and it works out fine.
Quote by jmac72187
just try not to pay attention to the drumming. See how you do without paying attention to it. See if you stay in time. I try not to pay attnetion to the drums and it works out fine.

WHAT THE ****?

DONT EVER GIVE ADVICE, EVER AGAIN.

my advice for the OP, buy a metronome and practice with it.
duh..more pratice
My Equipment:

BC Rich Mocking Bird
Peavy EXP Raptor
Hohner Acoustic
peavy Amp
Marshell Amp
Digitech Effect Pedal
Bad Dog Distortion Pedal
the trick i guess is that everyone's gotta be on the same beat so count to yourself in case your drummer isn't quite on all the time but get used to listening to the other guys too so you stay together since that's the biggest thing.