i was talking to a guy about guitars when he said ''a guitar is a guitar'' i cant agree with what he said cause, all guitars have a different sound to them, some are made for blues music, some are meade for metal music, just wanted to know, how many more people think like this?
Equipment:

Schecter 007 BlackJack
schecter c7 hellraiser
ibanez k7
Krank Revolution one stack
Tech 21 Trademark 30
Digitech Whammy Pedal
tech 21 killer wail
If people think like that, they must be messed. Try playing Children of Bodom on an acoustic. It just doesn't work.
this guy says that, a guitar is a guitar, in the sense that...whats the different between a westfield, and a ibanez...its down to the player to make it sound good, thats true, but a good guitar will make you sound even better, but hes certain that he wouldnt spend more that £400 on a guitar because ''there all the same''...
Equipment:

Schecter 007 BlackJack
schecter c7 hellraiser
ibanez k7
Krank Revolution one stack
Tech 21 Trademark 30
Digitech Whammy Pedal
tech 21 killer wail
If he can't tell the difference in quality between a $200 guitar and a $2000 guitar, then I have a guitar to sell him.
I agree to an extent.
Typically, for higher cost guitars you are paying for better pickups. Before you anaylitcal assholes get your panties in a knot over this, i mean the same model guitar up maybe 200$ is mainly just diff pickups.

Someone playing a $400 guitar can sound better than someone playing a $2000. thats just how music works. If you know your **** and can really play with some unique technique, it doesnt matter what the price tag on all your equipment is... you can still sound better than a new guy playing a custom Les Paul.

Cliff Notes:
Sure the diff woods etc do make a difference in quality of a guitar, but your abilitly to play outweighs the quality of guitar in your hands. So for the most part, a guitar is a guitar.

Sunburst ESP Viper-400 with EMG combo
Ibanez Talman Elec-Acoustic
1973 Denver Acoustic
Traynor Custom Valve 20
Classic Cry-Baby