Holy shit, I am so pissed off right now. I was just lightly using my whammy bar today (I used it tastefully for the first time too) and the motherfucking arm broke off. Now the threads are stuck inside the bridge. Now, if this were some cheap, stock bridge, would be only a little pissed, but this is a fucking American Strat Bridge from Fender, this is a top-of-the-line bridge. So how do I get the threads out? I know how to get another arm, but I need to get the threads out! Help!!
that happened to some crappy squier my friend had. depending on how much of the bar is sticking out the hole, you may need to replace the bridge. which should be worth it considering the quality of your guitar
¤¤¤¤¤ ۩ ۝РЄŦĤ ۩ ¤¤¤¤¤
۩ ВŁĄÇĶŴĄŦЄŖ РĄŖĶ ۩

Quote by deadskinmask
I think you should listen to Bodom_Shredder7.

Quote by xolax
Listen to Bodom_Shredder, he knows what hes talking about

Quote by Alucard II
Bodom Shredder was right

SevenLastWordsOfChrist
try getting needle nose plyers and twisting it out, or just try to super glue it back together just to twist it out, and get a new whammy when your done
Quote by Bodom_Shredder7
that happened to some crappy squier my friend had. depending on how much of the bar is sticking out the hole, you may need to replace the bridge. which should be worth it considering the quality of your guitar
Its deep, man, I know why it came out, I sheered it off by putting it in too tight. Should I send it to Fender and let them see what they can do with it?
^Don't trust the corporate bitches to do it.
Find a local shop and ask if they can do anything about it.
The power of your example is far greater than what you say.
I would use the superglue thing that the_man101 suggested. It's not like it could get any worse. Either way you'll have to replace the bridge.
^Good idea, I talk to may dad about it (he's pretty good with guitars and metal, wood and that kind of stuff).
Edit: Not, the glue won't hold, like I said, it broke off cause it was too torqued in the hole, the glue definatly won't hold.
Last edited by MastaBassist10 at May 7, 2006,
I think he is just going to use the glue to fix the broken part back to unscrew the part that is stuck in the guitar, not to keep playing it. So shouldn't it hold just for that?
Dude, this has happened to me twice on my Mexican standard strat. The first time it happened I was using a Fender whammy bar, and now, the second time its broken I was using some cheap peavey whammy bar. First time I took it the store to get the thread removed after I'd tried everything (plyers, superglue, a magnet) and somehow they got it out within 5 minutes and charged me 5 bucks. Now, after the second time it's happened, I still havn't taken it in to get fixed. I suspect they might have actually drilled right into the center of the thing using a tiny bit, and then sticking a screw or something in there and twisting. But, your best bet would probably to take the bridge off and take it to a guitar shop to get fixed. And don't worry, its not the guitars fault (American strats are extremely good guitars) nor the bridge's, its the stupid cheap whammy bars that fender makes.

Oh yeah and be especially careful if you're using glue. If you use too much and it spreads out, it could become permanently stuck and you might need to buy a new bridge!
Last edited by god9 at May 7, 2006,
Are the Fender whammy bars really that bad? If so, what brand makes the most durable whammy bars that are compatible with Strats?

American Stratocaster + Blues Junior

^No, all metal rods will do that if under enough torque, and I screwed it in real tight. We're gonna try and ream it out.