I'm having a problem with my strings. I got new Dean Markley strings two weeks ago. About a week after that, the high e broke. So naturally I just bought new strings and changed the e string. However, today the high e broke again! I have no idea why this is happening. Keep in mind that I am not doing anything unusual with the strings, and I only changed tunings once after I got the second set of strings. Also the gauge of the strings. Maybe you guys can help me figure out what is wrong.
Quote by Dæmönika
I'm afraid of you...MDoggDX316phobia

Quote by Imperial
Yes, Master MDoggDX316

Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: The Hype Man of the UG Hip
Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati
Hmm. I use DM strings most of the time and don't have any trouble with them. Where are the strings breaking? If they're breaking at the bridge then you might have a tiny bit of rough metal there. You can hit it with steel wool or very fine wet-and-dry sandpaper and see how that helps.
It isn't breaking at the bridge. The first time they broke, it snapped the way a string usually snaps when it breaks. The second time(today) was weirder. It didn't snap, but instead it just came out of the tuner. It just completley came out and when I would try to tighten it again it would just pop out again. This is especially frustrating because since it is the same string that I'm having problems with, I have to buy a whole new pack.
Quote by Dæmönika

Quote by Imperial
Yes, Master MDoggDX316

How well are you wrapping the strings around the tuner peg? You need at least 3 wraps to get decent tuning stability, and more for excellent grip.
and as a side note. I used to have a high e string breaking, uh, issue, for lack of a better word [a wee bit too agressive in my bends = ) ] and i just went down to the local shop and bought 6 Ernie Ball .9 strings for like $.15 a piece. much cheaper than a whole new set if you just want one string.
Quote by Vornik
Wow you just made us all look retarded for not suggesting that...

Quote by Doppleganger
Dude,

I can use Google.
Quote by casualty01
13 yr olds should not attempt to make "points". Especially with their heads firmly lodged up their fucking ass.
Quote by Swift_Death
and as a side note. I used to have a high e string breaking, uh, issue, for lack of a better word [a wee bit too agressive in my bends = ) ] and i just went down to the local shop and bought 6 Ernie Ball .9 strings for like $.15 a piece. much cheaper than a whole new set if you just want one string.

Actually, I had the same problem for a few years and I used B strings instead of regular Es.
^did using the B string instead work?
Quote by Dæmönika

Quote by Imperial
Yes, Master MDoggDX316

Yup. After a while I must have adjusted my playing, because I stopped breaking strings regularly, and so I went back to a standard set.