I'm looking for a decent acoustic to play for my youth group. I want something that will last me a little while and sounds nice for under or around $200. I have been playing electric for about a year but i want to play acoustic too. Any sugestions would help, thx.
Honestly man, I gotta say that I would advise you to save a little longer and get an Alvarez for about $250.

Or, you could simply search eBay until you find something that you like.
I got my Alvarez for 240 (plus a nice hardshell case and those really nice 17 dollar strings). Try bargaining, and do save up a bit. The buy it once theory is good. Alvarez is a brand you should be looking at though, amongst others of course, good guitars.
my music myspace!

Quote by cefasnacht
Quote by Dobzilla
I've never had peanutbutter...
wtf!?!?!?!
Does anyone know anything about Samick. I tried a few out a the store and they were $250 and sounded pretty nice. I didnt get to check out any Alvarez but ill try to .thx for the suggestions.
Have you tried Garrison? Canadian I think, I played one today and for the price (£150 here - dunno how that translates into dollars) you get a great sound and they're pretty solidly built. You can't say no to mahogany.
Psycho Killer,
Qu'est-ce que c'est?
Fa fa fa faa fa fa fa fa-fa faa

Quote by Paul Brannigan
Pie is like bread, but just with more pie in it
Quote by tlaxstrat
Does anyone know anything about Samick. I tried a few out a the store and they were $250 and sounded pretty nice. I didnt get to check out any Alvarez but ill try to .thx for the suggestions.

a friend of mine has a samick that was in the $300 price range (i can't remember the model) but it doesn't stay in tune well and the frets needed redressing way quicker than they should have.
Yeah, do what those other guys are saying and save a little extra for an Alvarez. The RD8C is a nice way to go. It's relatively cheap, has a very nice sound and build, and it's also electric so you can plug it into an amp and such if you were to play in front of a crowd.
washburn d10s, i have one and when i tried out other's in the price range, 200-300, it was way better
Quote by sandwich_man
Have you tried Garrison? Canadian I think, I played one today and for the price (£150 here - dunno how that translates into dollars) you get a great sound and they're pretty solidly built. You can't say no to mahogany.

I second the Garrisons. Sweet guitars. Worth it
I also suggest the Washburn D10S. It's $199 and comes with a case on Musician's Friend.

It was voted the best Acoustic under $500 and best acoustic under $700 for a reason.

That reason: It's an extremely nice guitar. It's by far the best you'll find in your price range, or even if you doubled your price range.

Also, on Alvarez acoustics, they're good, but aren't worth the price. For the $350 you'd spend on the Alvares RD20S and a hard case for it you can get a much, much nicer guitar that comes with a hardcase. Playing both the RD20S and my Washburn D10S thoroughly, I have to say I like my Washburn much more. And I payed about $100 less and got an extremely nice hardshell case.

Go try out the Washburn D10S. You really won't be disappointed. It's a great instrument.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Fender acoustics suck. They sound shallow and weak. I would assume that's why you're selling yours.

And you aren't allowed to advertise.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Sell it on the classifieds board.
My Gear: