okay.. so i just bought a peavey 6505 head/cab... i have an Ibanez Destroyer wiht Emg 81/85, also i have BOSS Tu-2 Chromatic tuner and a GE-7 Equalizer... how do i lopp em all thoruhg.. as in how do i set it all up?? haha this may be a dumb q but ya... thanx!
Id put your guitar straight into the tuner. Then into the front of the amp. then hook the EQ into the fx loop and leave it switched on all the time. Set it as you like it then kick it in and out with the footswitch. Pretty simular to my set-up
Putting the GE-7 in the loop will give you a volume boost for solos and massive control over EQ but only notch it up slightly coz it makes a massive difference in volume. If you put it in line with the tuner, before the amp all you'll get it more gain and no volume but some control over your lows/mids/highs.
If you put it in the F/X loop I leave the far right master volume slider alone in the neutral position and just push the mids a tiny bit so its like a tiny hump going from left to right. Kinda like a scooped thrash eq but inverted and nowhere near as severe .
you have a diagram of what you set your sliders to for??? cuz i thnk you nailed what i want,
AHHHHHHHH! n0000000000bs!!!!

Guitar->tuner->EQ->amp.

Set the sliders so it sounds good.

And Johnny, don't triple post. The button is there for a reason.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
OOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! you did not just clal me a "noob" .. damnit... now ever one will think im a loser....
Well, heh. 'Tis true.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Quote by That_Pink_Queen

And Johnny, don't triple post. The button is there for a reason.

Sorry mum. Guess your called the pink queen for a reason to eh! Put the eq in the loop. Much more control over sound either way.
Last edited by jonnyguitarman at May 8, 2006,