I've seen amps and other equipment referred to as "boutique." What does "boutique"mean in this context? Thanks
"But first...are you...experienced?"
boutique things are usually not realllly widely produced, like special vintage wahs, or that, what was it, 300 watt blue voodoo kind of thing. rarities.
Botique, as defined by Google.

An agency that provides a limited service, such as one that does creative work but does not provide media planning, research, etc. Usually, this refers to a relatively small company.
My Gear:
American Deluxe HSS Strat
Crate GT212
Vintage '66 Fender Champ Amp
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive
Vintage '74 MXR Script Phase 90
Vintage '77 MXR Flanger
Orange Squeezer (clone)
high end stuff.
ENGL
Diezel
Conford
Framus
Koch
Shur
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
Quote by boardsofcanada
boutique things are usually not realllly widely produced, like special vintage wahs, or that, what was it, 300 watt blue voodoo kind of thing. rarities.

...not really. It's expensive stuff made by a small company.
Price has nothing to do with it. It's all about quality.

If it so happens that a Marshall MG10 is better than a Diezel VH4, then I'd consider it botique.
^ ouch. That'd be one hell of a scary world eh?
Bleh.

Member #3 of the I Am Canadian Club, pm colen or Mantiscabinet to join
Member #3 of the Necrophagist worshippers pm night_lights to join
Member #2 of the Ibanez RG5xx & up club PM tombo32 to join < 110% credit to t2russo
Hahah...........VH4 ?? You must been on some kinda ultra-high-dosage LSD....
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
My ENGL gets delivered tomorrow - if anyone cares - w00t
id sig you but i have no room lol. so ill just bow down to your username

deg0ey
Member of UG Irish Clan: Póg mo thóin
some people dont even know what boutique means to begin with (all guitar stuff aside)

Price has nothing to do with it. It's all about quality.

If it so happens that a Marshall MG10 is better than a Diezel VH4, then I'd consider it botique.

it has nothing to do with quality, or price, but rather the company or product that is made

in the guitar world, we see boutique as smaller companies making more expensive amps (usually by hand or a very small manufacturing line in comparison to larger companies like fender or marshall)

and yeah, i guess in the guitar realm "boutique" could just mean fancy shmancy (as long as its not highly produced fancy shmancy!)
-Mike
Quote by deg0ey
My ENGL gets delivered tomorrow - if anyone cares - w00t
I do! Looking forward to your review of it.
- Gibson Les Paul Studio
- Squier Standard Strat
- Roland Cube 60
- Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde
- Boss OD-3
- Behringer EQ700
Quote by HopePoisoned
some people dont even know what boutique means to begin with (all guitar stuff aside)

it has nothing to do with quality, or price, but rather the company or product that is made

in the guitar world, we see boutique as smaller companies making more expensive amps (usually by hand or a very small manufacturing line in comparison to larger companies like fender or marshall)

and yeah, i guess in the guitar realm "boutique" could just mean fancy shmancy (as long as its not highly produced fancy shmancy!)

so if a well know company such as mesa were to develop a high end, HAND made amp which is equal in quality to products from less established brands, it still wont be considered boutique?
TEEP!!! Oiiiiiiieeeeeeeyyy!!!!!!
well, are mesa a boutique?

Boutique (n)
1) a) A small retail shop that specializes in gifts, fashionable clothes, accessories, or food, for example.
b) A small shop located within a large department store or supermarket.

2) A small business offering specialized products and services: an investment boutique; a health-care boutique.

If it produces and retails like that, then yes, otherwise technically no...but people would refer to it as boutique as the incorrect usage of the word has become commonplace as with many other words, so i wouldn't worry about it too much
id sig you but i have no room lol. so ill just bow down to your username

deg0ey
Member of UG Irish Clan: Póg mo thóin