How beneficial would it be for me to get new pickups, im sorta new and i have bcrich warlock pickups and i want to know before i buy new pickups first what kinds are really good(i play like heavy type metal like metallica and stuff like that) and how much change will i notice. Any help would be appriciated, Thanks.
----===My Gear===----
B.C. Rich Warlock
B.C. Rich BCL10 AMP
digitech RP80
fender picks .88mm
Very beneficial. DiMarzio's are the way to go for metal...and well, just about other style of music there is.

X2N ? Air Norton combo. X2N for distorted sounds, and the Air Norton for cleans, and/or lead lines.
Just a suggestion.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
if you never use clean, then get some EMGS. If you play on clean sometimes, look above.
are u using a 10w starter amp?

upgrade ur amp instead.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
If that Warlock is Agathis then pickup choices are going to be hard to make.

Upgrade amp
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
preciate the help guys, sounds like i need the Dimarzio's, and ill upgrade my amp at the same time. Thanks
----===My Gear===----
B.C. Rich Warlock
B.C. Rich BCL10 AMP
digitech RP80
fender picks .88mm
whats ur amp budget like?

maybe we can help u from making an MG mistake.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
^^
That's why I like you. Common sense.

I would ignore pickups for now, upgrade your amp and see what it sounds like, then you can decide if new pickups are in your future or a new guitar altogether.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
Get a new guitar, BC Rich sucks and you'll want a new one eventually. Save up for something of good quality.
alright yea guys i realize that the guitar isnt the best in world but it has been pretty good...to me.......not any problems yet, i went and bought a new amp today it sounds a hella of lot better........thanks.
----===My Gear===----
B.C. Rich Warlock
B.C. Rich BCL10 AMP
digitech RP80
fender picks .88mm
What kind of amp did you get? Pound for pound I don't think you can beat a Roland Cube 30 / Vox AD30VT Valvetronix without spending big money on a tube combo or an upper end solid state.

EMG 81/60 is my choice for all things metal or heavy. People often say EMG cleans suck. I agree for the most part. They are really high gain and bright, but the EMG 60 in the neck position produces some of the best cleans I've ever heard. They are bright for sure, but they also have hints a single coil-esque twang to them. Listen to Metallica and you'll see what I mean. You won't fully benefit from them unless you are using a decent tube amp, though.

Church, I have to disagree with your X2N suggestion. Personal preference I guess, but I find them to be horribly muddy with no real meat to them. A guy in a local band uses them in his fat Strat through a Carvin Legacy half stack. It simply kills my ears.

Bill Lawrence L500XL would probably be a good choice if you're a treble *****. They are absolutely nasty pickups, but they are crystal clear. They are the key to Dimebag's tone (thats whats in his DFH) and what his Dimebucker was designed after. Dimebuckers are ok, but are considerably thinner to my ear.

Seymour Duncan Invaders will get you close to an early Metallica tone. An aquired taste, but IMO, a well balanced pickup for metal.

My $0.02
Founder of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Pot Smokers Association. PM me to join.
Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
ak guitarist doesn't dress in the morning. he kills throughout the day and attires himself appropriately

Last edited by AK Guitarist at May 9, 2006,