Hey. I have a Orange Rocker 30 and love it, but I would like it to be louder. I was wondering if there is anyway of making it louder? I am thinking of getting an extension cab but don't know which one to get. Any help would be great.
and extension cab wouldnt make it louder...it would just mean the youd be pushing more air...you need more wattage on the amp...there are ways an amp can be rewired to be more wattage (jimmi page did this with his 100watt SLP to make to 200) or just buy a bigger amp
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Because when I was younger I would wrap dollar bills around my wang while masturbating to get that extra dirty feeling.

Even though I quit doing it, it still turns me on when I see money.

Http://magnumman.dmusic.com
Replace the speakers with something a higher sensitivity rating.

Or get an extension cab. Eminence The Wizards are 103db. That'll be very loud.
If you put your amp up off the floor, like on a counter or something like that, alot of times it will project better and be a little louder.
A booster would help, but it would dirty up your tone and make it OD a bit more.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Quote by Erc
Replace the speakers with something a higher sensitivity rating.

Or get an extension cab. Eminence The Wizards are 103db. That'll be very loud.

THanks for the help. Where can I get one of those?
Quote by statopaul_mark
I was wondering if there is anyway of making it louder?

the volume knob usually works for me.

sorry for being a smartass.

no, seriously, try an extenstion cab.
you need more wattage on the amp
Why are people unable to use the word power these days? I know wattage is a real word but to me it just looks like you don't know what a watt is a measure of
id sig you but i have no room lol. so ill just bow down to your username

deg0ey
Member of UG Irish Clan: Póg mo thóin
If wattage and power are virtually synonomous with each other...what the hell is the difference...especially since the power of amps i measured in the unit of watts....
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Because when I was younger I would wrap dollar bills around my wang while masturbating to get that extra dirty feeling.

Quote by statopaul_mark
THanks for the help. Where can I get one of those?

check musicians friend and/or your local music shop
Quote by Jack Off Jill

The power is the power of the amp...power, y'know, how powerful

The unit of measurement for power is the Watt - like you have metres for distance or kg for weight etc...so when you say wattage, you mean the number of watts something has, which is basically the same as the power...so you're pretty much just using a different word, but wattage i believe is grammatically incorrect, and it's just something that bugs me

Sorry for having a moan lol loads of people say it, i just don't like it

deg0ey
Quote by deg0ey
The power is the power of the amp...power, y'know, how powerful

The unit of measurement for power is the Watt - like you have metres for distance or kg for weight etc...so when you say wattage, you mean the number of watts something has, which is basically the same as the power...so you're pretty much just using a different word, but wattage i believe is grammatically incorrect, and it's just something that bugs me

Sorry for having a moan lol loads of people say it, i just don't like it

haha...thats ok...sry if i came of pissy in my post...im re reading it...and i sound like a prick,
Quote by Jack Off Jill

^ lol so did i, it was a justified prickyness

Anyway lets get back on topic before we get reported - an extension cab would mean the speakers between them would shift more air increasing the percieved volume of your amp...or, as also said, get some speakers with a higher sensitivity rating, that would increase your volume by more than if you were to upgrade to a 50 watt amp (for example)

deg0ey
You could either get an extension cab, so it'll push more air, or you could raise the amp off the floor, this way it'll project a lot more and sound better too, I do this with my amp, it works.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by GuitarJunkie
and extension cab wouldnt make it louder...

although technically an extension cab wouldnt make it that much louder...it would help make it SOUND louder.........

if anyone gets that.

afterall, the only way to increase overall volume by dB's is more speakers. (i think, i might just be making that up...i dont remember though lol)
Quote by metallicafan180
get a louder amp maybe?

No need. its a 30watt TUBE amp. which in itself is going to be loud as hell. the only way to make it louder is an extension cab. but even then the overall volume isnt going to be that much louder...

if i remember right its got 12AX7s in the preamp and EL34s in the poweramp. lol
Quote by kurdtkobaign
No need. its a 30watt TUBE amp. which in itself is going to be loud as hell. the only way to make it louder is an extension cab. but even then the overall volume isnt going to be that much louder...

if i remember right its got 12AX7s in the preamp and EL34s in the poweramp. lol

Yup. So I think i'm gonna go with the extension cab. Does anyone have any speaker reccomendations and/or cab reccomendations? Thanks so far. helped alot.
get an effects box with a volume knob on it then it turns it up louder
works with me
you cant spell manslaughter without laughter

Quote by ACG
I like my women how I like my cookies. Smothered in diarrhea.
Quote by tard on tour
get an effects box with a volume knob on it then it turns it up louder
works with me

It will mainly just overdrive it more.
^But it will raise the volume if the amp's maxed out to make it louder.
Although it might not be good for it.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
I don't see how 30 watts tube isn't enough.
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)