lets start by sayin the doors are the greatest band ever!!!!
if u want to challenge that "i'll stab u in the face with a sautering iron"
what do u guys think about this new lead singer? scott asbury? i haven't got to see them in concert cuz i live in oklahoma which sucks. i know they were in new york about a year ago though. lets hear some feedback!!!!
I don't think they're the greatest band, but I like them a lot. I doubt the Dorrs will be any good without Jim Morrison, he was basically The Doors.
Sent from my iPad.
its not all jim morrison some of there best and biggest hits came from guitarest robby kreiger. l.a. woman, touch me, spanish caravan , and LIGHT MY FIRE. plus jim would have never met robby kreiger if it wasn't for ray manzarek. i'll admit jim was the main guy but don't forget the rest.
The Doors own my Soul.

yeah, i agree that i wouldn't really be interested in seeing the "Doors of the 21st Century" just because Jim Morrison is just that freaking amazing.
Quote by TheHeartbreaker
I love The Doors - they're one of my favorite bands.

I'm not really into seeing them with this new guy, though. Even if he's good, NO ONE can replace Jim Morrison.

Administrator of the "Guitarists born in 1991 Club" PM me or greendayguitar to join.

Feel free to add me
The doors were the doors, when u lose Jim morrison, your no longer the doors. You can still call yourselves the Doors, but your really not. Its like a chemical compound. When you lose a molecule, its not the same compund or substance, but it may retain some properties. but hands down, THE DOORS KICK SERIOUS ASS!!!! even now, w/ jim, they rock, but not quite as much!
I am Father Jimmyius Crowley, Arch Bishop and cruasder of Zepplinism. PM Heartbreaker to join me and my brethren in our religion.
So I went renegade... What you gonna do about huh? IM FREAKIN EVIL GEZUS !!!!
:stickpoke:
robby krieger is awesome
Quote by JimmyPageSlash
nice i like how rocker clothes are cheap. im gonna be dressing completely rocker soon

TOOL ALERT
I hate replacement singers.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
i love the doors just as much as the next guy. they're the best band ever, hands down.

but without jim morrison, look how far the doors got. . . not very far at all. Yeah, it wasnt just him but without him, the doors were nothing special as they were before.
Originally posted by altronataku
i always have respect for retards.

they remind me that i havent hit rock bottom yet.
Jim Morrison was a great poet, that's what mad The Doors so great. Without him I really don't see much coming from them besides some decent stuff from Robby.
Follow me on instagram @createdaily
Quote by TheHeartbreaker
I love The Doors - they're one of my favorite bands.

I'm not really into seeing them with this new guy, though. Even if he's good, NO ONE can replace Jim Morrison.

Seconded.
mama let that boy, play some rock n roll
Quote by vanceboy
ah, well, Pl3h-B0y is the real deal, so what he says goes.

Co-Founder of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub...PM me or Cptbeefheart to join!
Name That Riff!
Quote by notredame_fan22
i love the doors just as much as the next guy. they're the best band ever, hands down.

but without jim morrison, look how far the doors got. . . not very far at all. Yeah, it wasnt just him but without him, the doors were nothing special as they were before.

where have you been? i haven't seen you on here in months.
The Doors were a killer band. I had tickets to see them but they had to cancel. apparently the yardbirds and steppenwolf were touring with them. Morrison was incredibly irregular and I think it was He that gave the band its look and most of my favorite songs from them. but yeah robby Krieger put in some as well. I just think that without Morrison it wouldn't be as erratic and lucid.
How many of you people know you're alive?
krieger penned some great songs too, such as light my fire, which is a pretty good song especially considering it was the first song he wrote. and the vibe around them was unique. no one else can copy morrisons stage presence and lizard king persona.
I am a new member and posted an open letter to the DOORS...Jim cant be replaced and the new singer does a great job...but after seeing The Doors twice in the 60's I had a personal experience with Morrison and from that day on...I could duplicate his vocal style.....cant duplicate his persona...no one can do that...but singing wise...I can sing Morrison as well as morrison. Im trying to reach the remaining Doors to let them know they can STILL record new music WITH Jims voice again. my info is
moondog66@netzero.com if anyone can help with this....I really hate them getting a bad rap due to being in the 21st century and NOT having the vocals they need to bring back that mystical feeling they had with Jim Morrison. When The Music's Over does not have to be the swan song of The Doors. Thanks for your time
i've always found that morrison's voice isn't hard to emulate, as to be like him you have to understand is all, which from what i've seen is hard.
i think if jesus christ made his second coming, and declared that, before he did anything, he would like to front the doors for a one off tour and an album, even then i wouldnt be interested. morrison is completely irreplacable imo. nothing against the rest of the guys earning a living, but i wouldnt be interested personally
Quote by mr. mojorisin
its not all jim morrison some of there best and biggest hits came from guitarest robby kreiger. l.a. woman, touch me, spanish caravan , and LIGHT MY FIRE. plus jim would have never met robby kreiger if it wasn't for ray manzarek. i'll admit jim was the main guy but don't forget the rest.

No, LA Woman was written by Jim. I forget which book I was reading, but it had a photocopy the original paper the lyrics were written on, and it was Jim's writing. Also, you're forgetting, Love Her Madly, Tell All the People, and Yes, the River Knows as amazing songs that Robby wrote. The Doors are seriously the best band ever.

"Did you have a good world when you died? Enough to base a movie on?"
Jim Morrison
30w crate
Epi sg
Fretless yamaha pacifica

Being poor rules.
originally posted by .I.T
No, LA Woman was written by Jim. I forget which book I was reading, but it had a photocopy the original paper the lyrics were written on, and it was Jim's writing.

The American Night, The Writings of Jim Morrison. Just to let you know.
Quote by darkstar2466
Who is responsible for bring back a thread from Two Thousand motherfucking Six?

*holds a paddle in hand, ready for whacking*
Quote by Jarrett Moore
i've always found that morrison's voice isn't hard to emulate, as to be like him you have to understand is all, which from what i've seen is hard.

Well, his wasn't anything extremely amazing, but it was great nonetheless.

However, Morrison had the gift of poetry, which few others had - big names like Dylan and Lennon.

Even though The Doors of the 21st Century won't be writing new stuff, just the fact they've got a new singer changes a lot about their songs - Morrison wrote them from his heart and mind, and only he could sing and recite his work the way it was meant to be done.
Quote by mr. mojorisin

what do u guys think about this new lead singer? scott asbury?

His name is Ian Astbury and he fronted the Cult (a band that also rules)

And i've seen The Doors of the 21st century live(or riders on the storm whatever they call themselves now) and they really are awesome, if anyone thinks the only talent in the Doors is Jim Morrison, their dead wrong. Ray Manzerek is the best keyboardist of all time and Robby Kreiger is extremely underrated as a guitarist.

Ian Astbury's voice didn't suit all the songs (riders on the storm, alabama song etc) but he could pull off the vocals on songs like Roadhouse Blues, Backdoor man etc extremely well.
My gear:
Black Fender Mexican Strat (w. red moto pickguard)
Laney Hardcore MXD65
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Sobbat Fuzz Breaker
Not only Jim is not playing with them, John Densmore is out too (he even sue them). And let me say, John is not as important to the band as Jim is, but the fact that hes alive and can play as well as 40 years ago... Imagine that Paul McCartney and Ringo toured together as The Beatles... Man, people would throw tomatoes at'em.

The whole thing seems sacrilegious to me.
Hell is empty. All the devils are here. - William Shakespeare
Quote by Dabarro
Not only Jim is not playing with them, John Densmore is out too (he even sue them). And let me say, John is not as important to the band as Jim is, but the fact that hes alive and can play as well as 40 years ago... Imagine that Paul McCartney and Ringo toured together as The Beatles... Man, people would throw tomatoes at'em.

The whole thing seems sacrilegious to me.

no.... John Densmore CAN'T play. he has some sort of ear problem.
having never seen the doors live ever i must say that they're alluring call they had before with Jim is gone. They are not the same, cause the singer isn't the same and he can't have the same presence as Jim. He can be close but its not at all the same. The other band member's really complete it though, they keep the band interesting and alluring, its all still very good.