I want to buy a delay pedal but which delay pedal would sound the best with a Small Clone Chorus pedal and a DS-1 Distortion pedal?
"They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, Call me Deacon Blues"- Steely Dan
i heard that the hughs & kettner one is quite gud, but never tried it...eric johnson also uses the line 6 delay modeler so it cant be that bad cna it?
Quote by R_H_C_P
You're joking right?

It's like comparing sex to sticking your penis in a blender.

The Line 6 is great. I think there's 16 different delays and echoes and plenty of versatility. I hear a lot of people saying their Line 6's crap out on them after a while, but I've not experienced any issues with mine. I've heard all of Boss's DD series is good. I know the DD-3 and DD-6 are, although I don't know about the DD-20.
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
I have a DD-3 and I'm quite happy with it. On the other hand, my BOSS Super Chorus is having switching issues
Hi, I'm Peter
Boss's are good for stuff like this.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Bosses are good for stuff like this.
Just try not to overload your rig with Boss pedals unless you can mod them to be true bypass. It'll suck your tone like a mofo.
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Quote by Ambulance X
Just try not to overload your rig with Boss pedals unless you can mod them to be true bypass. It'll suck your tone like a mofo.

yeh but having 10 boss pedals with true bypass with a 1 foot cable between each = 10ft of cable now lets say you have another 20 ft from your amp to your pedalboard = 30ft and another 20ft cable from your last pedal to your guitar=50ft

so by having them on true bypass thats like having 50ft of guitar cable. or am i incorrect
Or...just put them in a footswitchable FX loop. There's true bypass
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by controlfreak
^ or put them in a loop with the LS-2 or PSM-5 or NS-2

I don't understand how you would use the LS-2 or the PSM-5. Mind explaining? And BTW, I don't think the NS-2 would give you back any of the tone the Boss pedals would eat up. It only cuts down on feedback and I would think it would just eat up more tone, unless it's true bypass.
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Just for reference, how much loop time does the Line 6 DL-6(or whatever it's called) have?
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
I recommend the Digitech DigiDelay, since it's cheap and apparently good.
I've got a DD-6, it sounds brilliant, but it does seem to add a bit of reverb too, it's probably meant to do that anyway, but oh well.
Don't be afraid to care"

Quote by R_H_C_P
Just for reference, how much loop time does the Line 6 DL-6(or whatever it's called) have?

14 seconds.

The Boss DD20 has 23 seconds
you can use the PSM-5 or the NS-2 or the TU-2 to put the pedals in their own little loop out front. it's like having the FX loop on the floor in front of you so you switch in and out of it as neccessary. that way u can have more than one pedal on, ready to switch into the loop when u need them on.
I thought Delay Modeler by Digitech was a tone ****er....... eh I mean sucker,.
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
The best one I've ever used is the Electro Harmonix Deluxe Memory Man. I am more than satisfied with it.
Quote by R_H_C_P
I've got a DD-6, it sounds brilliant, but it does seem to add a bit of reverb too, it's probably meant to do that anyway, but oh well.

Uh, does everything you own sound "brilliant?"

Sorry, its just that you always say all your gear sounds brilliant...strikes me as a but unusual. I don't REALLY think you can call a DD-6 brilliant. Generic solid workhorse maybe. Brilliant, no.

And go EH, I forgot about them before. EH>all most of the time.
Yeah the memory man is supposed to be amazing but its only straight up delay you dont get anything with it. The DL-4 and DD-20 are good and have a lot of good options from what i hear
how can a delay be brilliant?^^^

if it delays the signal and plays it back with the least changing of the signal then it's called a good delay. it's only the other features on the box that set good delays apart. a boss dd-6 is as good as any. we're not playing the royal albert hall here
I own and use both the Boss DD-3 and the Digtech Digidelay. The Digidelay gives the DD-3 a serious run for it's money. I don't have a favourite .. but on price and delay time the Digidelay wins. There's not really any reason to favour one over the over on sound or features, but the Digidelay does have more delay time and it's way cheaper so I recommend the Digidelay.

Personally what I'm looking for now is a delay that doesn't attenuate while you're playing. I want something with a lot of delay time but I don't want to hear any delay or echo until I stop .. and once I stop I want that big burst of delay. I might be dreaming but I do know of one older rack mount that's supposed to be good .. it's not made anymore so I'd have to grab a used one. But if anyone can recommend something that'd be cool.
Last edited by garett at May 10, 2006,
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Uh, does everything you own sound "brilliant?"

Sorry, its just that you always say all your gear sounds brilliant...strikes me as a but unusual. I don't REALLY think you can call a DD-6 brilliant. Generic solid workhorse maybe. Brilliant, no.

....I'm sorry

I do think it sounds good for what it does, maybe not brilliant then, but I've not tried any analogue delays to compare it to.
Don't be afraid to care"

I have owned a Boss DD-3, Digidelay, Boss DD-20, and EH Deluxe Memory Man, and the Memory Man is the best hands down. I don't see why you need all those modeling options. They base their models on the real thing, and the models are NEVER as good as the originals. Maybe I'm just a tone freak, but I say spend your money on a good analog delay. Digital sucks so much away from your tone and sounds too cheesy. If you take yourself seriously, buy analog.
I hear its good too but its just straight up delay...thats it. I dont think the DD-20 or DD-3 sound cheesy. a lot of big bands use them.....
Once you go analog, you can hear how overly processed digital delays are.