Okay, which of the following pedals will give me a tone similar to the distortion used in Hendrix's Voodoo Child (Slight Return), but also give me a Tom Morello-esque tone? The pedals I'm looking at are:

http://www.bossarea.com/loadpage.asp?file=boxes/fz2.xml

http://www.bossarea.com/loadpage.asp?file=boxes/fz3.xml

http://www.bossarea.com/loadpage.asp?file=boxes/ds2.xml

By the way, I play a Fender Jaguar w/ single coils through a Fender Hot Rod Deville and a Vox wah.

Thanks!
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Last edited by Kartman at May 8, 2006,
You just need a wah with fuzz and if you got single coils you should be good to go
if you get a fuzz IMO you should get the dalls arbiter fuzz face
Epi Zakk Wylde LP
Schecter C1 Elite
Fender 70's Strat
Orange AD30 Head w/Orange 412 Cab
Fender Hot Rod De-Ville 2x12
Various Pedals
^He's a n00b. The reissue FF's aren't very good, the Ge transistors are very low grade, high leakage, etc.

Out of those options, I'd go FZ-3. Fuzz should be kept simple.
But none of them are too good, which is why building your own is the best
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Yeh unless you can get an original Dallas Arbiter, don't bother, FZ-3 are good but EH Big Muff is better, John Frusciante uses one
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
there's a peddle made by digitech and it's a signature peddle just
with hendrix's sounds it's about $500
^I think that the DeVille handles them just fine. It's a pretty versatile amp.

Remeber, I want some good distortion that can handle the tone of Tom Morello and Jimi Hendrix.
Quote by IncubusMan999
FZ-3 are good but EH Big Muff is better, John Frusciante uses one

Hanes are comfortable, but Fruit of the Loom is better... Jesus wears them.
Quote by kurdtkobaign

What?
Quote by kurdtkobaign

I think what he is trying to say is that i'm making my judgement because someone famous uses one, therefore its the best, im not. im talking mfrom my personal perspective and that is what i always do. I personally prefer the EH Big Muff overthe FZ-3 because of its more distinguishable tone and better sound in general, trust me, i used to be obsessed with fuzz! Since he mentions he's a Red Hot Chili Peppers fan in his sig, i gave him an example of someone he would probably know that uses one to get a general definition of what it sounds like. I'm not biased by anything with this recommendation, just stating which is think would be better for this person.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro

DARK RED TEAM
get a Fuzz, but not a Boss one, but the EH Big Muff. Amazing sound you can get out of it
Quote by idontloveyou
oh my.
you poor soul.
i'll go and slit my wrists for you so you dont have to.

Quote by IncubusMan999
I think what he is trying to say is that i'm making my judgement because someone famous uses one, therefore its the best,

only kidding of course! lol

i know, i'm just too serious
Quote by dannyniceboy

Quote by Minkaro

DARK RED TEAM