Hey guys...

Here are some simple questions...

Does Zakk Wylde use is Overdrive and Wah signature pedals??? DOes he use it live at least??? Or are those pedals just a way to make money?

Did Dimebag use his Distortion pedal when he was in Damageplan?

Are these pedals just a way of making money or the guitarists really use them??

Thanks
dimebag did use a pedal for most of his solo's they call it the Crybaby from hell or something he could use it or it could be a secret government conspiracy..... but most likely they use them
Getting pulled over:
Cop: Anything to drink tonight
Me: Yeah I'll have a rum and coke
Eric Clapton doesn't use his, why would he, he doesn't need to sound like Eric Clapton, he is Eric Clapton, he's got the hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of gear to get his tone, why would he use a $150 pedal to try to emulate his own tone, the signature pedals are for people who want to sound close to the artist for a tiny fraction of the price, I know tony Iommi uses his signature guitar, and others do use signature pedals and guitars, but it's nothing but an advertisement incorporated into the show
I see whre your comin from. The digitech are a bit gay but there only mean't to be an approximation of the artists sound, where as the ones like the Wylde wah are improvments on actual models that have been altered to how the "star" wants it to sound and they use the pedals because they believe them to be closer to what they want than the stock stuff.
Fair enough, but most artists modify their equipment to get it the way they want, and they don't need to put their name on it to do that, signature series are about money and not improvements in music equipment. I actually own the eric clapton pedal, it is decent enough since I can't afford to run a valve amp stack loud or hot enough to get the woman tone, and there are two or three very distinct, great sounding tones out of the 7. I'm probably in the same boat as every other person who bought the pedal, looking to buy my way to a cheap tone, but the variation in how good these digital signature pedals perform usually comes down to playing style more than anything.
Quote by rubberbullets
but the variation in how good these digital signature pedals perform usually comes down to playing style more than anything.

You hit the nail on the head there mate! The odds are if you dont sound like Clapton through your practice amp at home, you wont sound like him playin through his guitar and his exact rig either.
Quote by jonnyguitarman
I see whre your comin from. The digitech are a bit gay but there only mean't to be an approximation of the artists sound, where as the ones like the Wylde wah are improvments on actual models that have been altered to how the "star" wants it to sound and they use the pedals because they believe them to be closer to what they want than the stock stuff.

bingooo

btw, do you like your wylde wah? Some people seem to love it some people seem to hate it.....they say that that wah sucks the tone of your guitar......does it "scream" like hell or dime's wah is better??
Ive had the Wylde wah since it came out and it sounds massive. The opposite of sucking your tone, It complements it like hell. What I used to hate about wah's was that when you kicked it in you lost all the bottom end punsh of your sound and it just sounded thin and nasty but not with the Zakk. It still sounds really nasal and honky like a good wah should but it has a lot more balls as well as the top end.
I got a Dime a couple of weeks ago and sent it back the next day because it was just nasty and didnt have any fatness to it. I was really dissapointed with it. I set it in line with the Wylde and A/B'd then both. The Dime has some great features like the gain boost but it just didnt blow my skirt up so to speak.
Yeah, I thought so. Some people will love the Dime for sure, coz its kinda nasty and harsh, The Wylde is more beefy with more kick. Its all down to personal taste at the end of the day.
How can it be any of those things? I've never heard "nasty", "harsh" or "beefy" to describe wah, is it overdrive as well?
No its a WAH, those terms dont just go for distortion. Im talking about the effects the pedal has on your sound when its switched on.
^^^ thanks

i prefer zakk's wah ..but as a guitarist I prefer dime...hard choice....I heard that mark tremonti's morley wah is excellent too.....
But the truth is that dime's wah has that switcher to change wah sound(I'm not sure about this) and has some boost and the zakk's wah is just that....a wah.....it has no different features..and dime's wah has an awesome look....there must be other excellent wahs....morley has a cool system...you don't have to turn the switcher to turn the pedal on like you have to do with crybabys....

but has an overall sound zakks wah is better...