hey i was just wondering if there is anyway to make my solidstate Randall RG 200 amp into a tube amp ? could i just buy a $400 aus pre amp or power amp and wire it in or what do i have to do? and and still b able to use all the controls of the amp, except have the power as tube is it that easy or any advice?
ESP CUSTOM SHOP HORIZON
FENDER USA STRAT
JACKSON DK2M
Peavey 5150ii w/ Marshall 1960DM cab
anyone
ESP CUSTOM SHOP HORIZON
FENDER USA STRAT
JACKSON DK2M
Quote by tomslespaul
Basically... no. Well maybe you can, I dont really know, but its gonna be a big hassle and a waste of time and money.

that helped, definate answers please... anyone else
ESP CUSTOM SHOP HORIZON
FENDER USA STRAT
JACKSON DK2M
Quote by tomslespaul
haha sorry.. but why waste $400 on converting an amp to tube anyway when you can probably get a good tube combo for less?

$400 aus (australian dollars sorry if that wasnt clear. the cheapest thing i've seen so far that uses tubes/valves was an ashton... and i want it so when i get my ESP it sounds super sick
ESP CUSTOM SHOP HORIZON
FENDER USA STRAT
JACKSON DK2M
Than you will have to save up. Converting a solid state is useless, beacuse you basicly have to change the entire inside of the amp, and that will cost a lot more than buying a decent tube amp, and that will be a lot easier to
Gear
Gibson Les Paul Studio
London City Comet MK1
London City Spitfire II (Modded)
Squire Tele Custom (Modded)

Peavey Classic 30
Electro Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb
Line 6 Echo Park Delay
Visual Sound Jekyll and Hyde
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
its more worth the effort to save money and get a decent tube amp. Converting your solidstate isnt as easy as slapping in some power tubes to give it some kick. Youll basically have to gut the whole thing and build the electronics again. And, if you havnt a clue how that works, then it will most likely sound like ass if you even complete it. Thats why good tube amps cost a lot!

if you want to give your solid state a more active and responsive sound without paying an arm and a leg, try somethign like the Vox Valvatronix tonelab. It wont sound as great as a tube amp, but it might help wake up your lackign solid state amp. I guess, in short, there are not short cuts for true tube sound.
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville