Which in your opinion is better for blues rock and classick rock Ibanez Tubescreamer
or the maxon tubescreamer, I play a fender strat and, potentialy, fender blues deluxe? Any soundclips of the ibanez one (Ive got maxon clips already)

another dream
i was taking a shower
and i took my penis off to wash it
but i couldnt figure out how to put it back on
so it ran away- Superunkown
beatiful anecdote
never played the maxon but the tubescreamer's like butter! i love it anyway, real classic AC/DC tone but it can do almost any classic rock really well. i don't think, whichever pedal u choose, you'll be dissapointed
any sound clips?

another dream
i was taking a shower
beatiful anecdote
The blues deluxe's overdrive should be good for blues & classic rock anywho.............
but if you want an OD, I would surgest using it as a gain boost (The maxon OD9 is better for this IMHO)
Gear
PRS Standard SE
Laney GH100L with Marhsall 1960BV
Digitech Bad monkey
Marshall EH1
EHX Small stone
EHX Small clone
Its funny, i ask the people at the blues deluxe forum what the fender OD is like and all they say is "Get a pedal" but I just wanna know what it sounds like! Then in the pedal thread people always say "Shouldn't that be enough" I play low gain rock and I think some that recommend a peadal play higher gain classic rock

: sad: im confused!

another dream
i was taking a shower
beatiful anecdote
any sound clips of the ibanez tubescreamer?

another dream
i was taking a shower
beatiful anecdote
Quote by Hairy Henry
Its funny, i ask the people at the blues deluxe forum what the fender OD is like and all they say is "Get a pedal" but I just wanna know what it sounds like! Then in the pedal thread people always say "Shouldn't that be enough" I play low gain rock and I think some that recommend a peadal play higher gain classic rock

: sad: im confused!

Is there anyway you can try out the overdrive channel on the Blues Deluxe?

What people mean is, yea, the overdrive channel has enough gain, but it doesn't sound that great in general (compared to other amps overdrive channels), so it'd be better to run an overdrive pedal through your clean channel to get the sound you want.

I've tried out a Blues Deluxe, but I honestly can't remember using the overdrive channel, just the clean, t'was very nice.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
I going to galway city in a week or two and "modern music" has them. I rang up and asked if he had the fender hot rod deluxe and he said "Yeah......we have got a fender blues deluxe" and I said "I said hotrod" and he says "Same thing, one just has a tweed cover"
????????
They cost 999 euro (or about 1200 dollars!) so Im not gonna get it there! Il just act interested and try it out and say ill buy it and Ill bring in the money tommorow!
Thats all I ever do whenever I go to the city! Try out all the amps in evry guitar store (Although in ireland its about 2 per city!)

another dream
i was taking a shower
beatiful anecdote
Last edited by Hairy Henry at May 11, 2006,
Yup, try one out if you can, then buy it online if you trust the shop, so you'll know exactly what you're buying (generally)

The Blues and the regular Deluxe are apparently very similar/same circuitry, but there's probably something different to give the differences in them.
Don't be afraid to care"

Quote by R_H_C_P
but there's probably something different to give the differences in them.

Very wise words lol Do you know where i could get any ibanez tubescreamer clips?

another dream
i was taking a shower
beatiful anecdote
Hmm, I'm not too sure, seach t'internet, I'll help.
Don't be afraid to care"

I tried "Tubescreamer" in google as well as other variations and i found some maxon clips buts thats it! Dou you know anyone on dmusic that uses a blues deluxe or tubescreamer?

another dream
i was taking a shower
beatiful anecdote
There's someone's clip of a TS on here...(2nd post by the guy)
http://www.guitar.com/discuss/readmsg.asp?MessageID=5346506&sPath=

Apparently the guitarist here uses a TS808
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=23906982

Damn, it's hard to find clips of this pedal.
Don't be afraid to care"

Have you listened to the Maxon clips, it'll be pretty damn close sounding to the TS808...
Don't be afraid to care"

dude go to musicians friend, they have clips of almost every pedal they have

ps go maxon (you cant beat true bypass, and they made the original ts for ibanez)
Maxon made Ibanez's, they have almost an exact TS808 circut, and true bypass. I had the money for a TS808 and was set on buying one. I tried them side to side and the Maxon blew the Ibanez away for Blues/Classic Rock. (What I play) Do yourself a favor and get the Maxon.
Love in technicolour, sprayed out on walls
Well I've been pounding at the pavement
'Til there's nothing at all
I got my cloak and dagger
In a bar room brawl
See the local loves a fighter
Loves a winner to fall
Quote by StratRat13
Maxon made Ibanez's, they have almost an exact TS808 circut, and true bypass. I had the money for a TS808 and was set on buying one. I tried them side to side and the Maxon blew the Ibanez away for Blues/Classic Rock. (What I play) Do yourself a favor and get the Maxon.

Okay, sorted!

TO EBAY!!!

another dream
i was taking a shower
beatiful anecdote