Hi guys, me again,

Okay, does anyone own a Epiphone Valve Junior? Either the combo or the head?

I am looking at picking one up, but am not really sure if it is too loud for my purposes.

Couple of other questions - If I bought the head, could I select an appropriate cab so that the volume wasnt too loud? Or would they all have the neighbours complaining?

I am talking about running the amp at about 2 O'Clock kinda levels, as listening to sound clips thats the kinda place I want it at.

Final question, how hard would it be to add a master volume to either the Head or the Combo?

EDIT: How does the Valve Special compare to the Valve Junior? Its got more features on it, you can adjust the bass, mids, and treble, but I cant find much info on it review wise, where as everyone seems to love the Valve Junior

Thanks people

Bob
Playing guitar is an addiction, only without the liver damage and rehab clinics.
Last edited by .50 Caliber Bob at May 8, 2006,
I may be wrong, but I believe if you have a small speaker (say 8") it will be fine for bedroom practise. I mean, it's only got 5 watts powering it, right?
- Gibson Les Paul Studio
- Squier Standard Strat
- Roland Cube 60
- Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde
- Boss OD-3
- Behringer EQ700
i think the combo is with an 8 inch speaker. Its the smallest you can really get. The combo should be fine for bedroom levels...and ya, its only 5watts. You can probably crank it and you shoudl be fine. You wont be getting crushign death metal out of this thing, so you can always down the volume if its too loud.
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville
You won't get really heavy tones out of it, but you'll be able to crank it without getting loads of angry neighbours/ go deaf.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
5 watts cranked will be to loud for your average bedroom, but you won't "need" it to be distorting for practice, you'll need the distortion when your gigging though, so realy I don't think it should be a issue.
50th Anniversary American Deluxe Strat 3-tone Sunburst
Crate XT120r Amp
Epiphone Valve Jr. w/ Jensen P8r
Boss DS1
Digitech RP300 MultiFX