Alright i am getting this amp and i am wondering since its 120 watt amp if its ok to run it with a 120 4 ohm cab by hartke with 4x10 celestion speakers on it. If so then reply back
Crate head
and the cab is
Hartke Cab
I wouldn't buy that head if i were you! If i'm not mistaking it's a solid state model. Meaning: It will sound like as, just very very loud ass. If you want a new amp, a tube combo (30 or 50 watts) will be everything you need. They can be just as loud, they are portible and they just sound better. Just go to a music store and try a few combo's, you will thank yourself later.

EDIT: As for heads and cabinets: It's safe to match a 8 ohm cab with a 4 ohm head, but always make sure the head isn't putting more out than the cab can handle ( i.e. a 4 ohm cab with a 8 ohm head)
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at May 8, 2006,
Well i would but i already have that cab just my old head took a **** on me, i am getting this head for 250 so thats why i was wondering.
Just read the edit in my original post for the info on ohms. (and it's possible to link a cab to the cabinet the same way you would use a head)
Is the head 4 or 8 ohms i keep looking and its not really answerin my question
dude, dont buy that amp. you could get a 100 watt tube head and it will be just as loud and not sound like ****. TRUST ME, dont buy it.
Quote by Tiamat
dont buy an amp, amps are just stupid.

Quote by t2russo
oiled... i like the feel of oiled wood in my hands... wow, that was homosexual...
Quote by austin_PiMp
Is the head 4 or 8 ohms i keep looking and its not really answerin my question

Well it took me about a whopping two minutes to find out it's 4 ohm's. So to anwser your question: Yes it wil work, but i still can't stress enough that you shouldn't buy this thing. It's going to have the same rubbish tone as the 15-watt solid state amp your using now, it's just going to be louder.

Quote by austin_PiMp
Im not made of money damn, i got to pay for college still

If you're not 'made of money' then why not save yourselve the hassle of having to buy a new amp and wasting 300 bucks on this one when you find out it's rubbish. Trust me, there is a reason why people prefer tube amps over solid-states!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at May 8, 2006,
I don't have a 15 watt amp anymore my sig hassn't been updated in like 9 months i had an 80 watt head, I like tube amps but the sound changes as the tubes age and i don't have enough money to change the tubes so i will just stick with solid state its not like im playing a big concert just a few small ones
you want a tube powered amp if you're wanting a stack. solid states just don't cut it. try out a peavey valveking half stack. it sounds great and it runs at about $900 USD, which is a fair price for a good half stack.
Dude.... My other guitar player in my band has this amp.... the distortion that you get straight from the amp is rather nice sounding, you can make anything sound good though. This is coming from a guy who owns a "tube" amp head. Just shop around for different pedals if you're going to use any. I say you just have to make it work for yourself, if that's what you want get it. I think it's an alright amp for the price. Oh yeah on another note, one of my friends who is in a band that is actually going somewhere doesn't use a tube amp, He uses a crate small block believe it or not and a podxt and his tone is awesome, so don't let anyone tell you, you can't get good tone out of a solid state.
I forgot to mention some rack gear also, but it is powered through the small block.
your much better off with a tube combo than a ****ty half stack. it will be louder, last longer, and sound MUCH better. check out the traynor blue. Tubes only need to be changed once a year if you gig a lot, and even then its only like 50$.
Quote by Tiamat
dont buy an amp, amps are just stupid.

Quote by t2russo
oiled... i like the feel of oiled wood in my hands... wow, that was homosexual...