Page 1 of 2
http://www.stopwar.org.uk/new/events/regional/wm.htm

BANDS AGAINST BUSH

fundraiser gig for Stop The War Coalition

June 2nd 7.30pm-2am

at The Sanctuary, Digbeth, Birmingham

Featuring:

The Beat, Cracked Actors, 360, Cupid Stunts +guests+DJ,s.

Tickets £8 on the door & £7 advance booking.

plus my band Nuclear Babies will be playing
“I smoke. If this bothers anyone, I suggest you look around at the world in which we live and shut your f*ckin' mouth.” RIP
Http://www.Smash-it-up.tk
Is this Birmingham as in in England? Maybe you should do one against Blair... Not meaning to be a prat but seriously, the war isn't just the States.
^
Yeah I agree, Too many people don't say enough about Blair In this country. Also this is the perfect time to strike Blair and his buddies,because they've f**ked up alot of things recently besides the War thing. First of all you had Blairs wife using taxpayers money for her £7,000 hair dues,Then you had the home secretary allowing Murderers and rapists to run free, and to top it all off you have the deputy Prime minister up to sleazy **** with his secretarys. It makes me wonder what idiots are running our country. The same idiots who followed Bush to War. So say somthing about it. I Guess it's cool though your putting this show on. I wish more people around here would do that s**t. Not meaning to be a dick, but what you doing with the money made?
Last edited by Joe Publicity at May 8, 2006,
^
Sorry stupid me. I never looked at the link. Sorry I thought your show was orgainized by you and your friends, it was only when I clicked the link that I realized this was a proper organized thing. I thought maybe you were just saying f**k Bush for cash. Sorry man Didn't mean to offend you if I did by asking.
Quote by Joe Publicity
^
Sorry stupid me. I never looked at the link. Sorry I thought your show was orgainized by you and your friends, it was only when I clicked the link that I realized this was a proper organized thing. I thought maybe you were just saying f**k Bush for cash. Sorry man Didn't mean to offend you if I did by asking.

Hey man thats fine, yeah we got offered the gig by a promoter from birmingham,

we took it because 1/ we all did marches and protests anti-war when this **** kicked off, 2/ we're all politically minded and its a chance to get our views across to people who will hopefully feel the same 3/we get to play with the Beat!!!!!!!!
“I smoke. If this bothers anyone, I suggest you look around at the world in which we live and shut your f*ckin' mouth.” RIP
damn the man, save the empire.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I don't want to give myself over to a world of Regina Spektor, Van Gogh posters, and loud conversations about how wasted they got.
Quote by damn-right!
Hey man thats fine, yeah we got offered the gig by a promoter from birmingham,

we took it because 1/ we all did marches and protests anti-war when this **** kicked off, 2/ we're all politically minded and its a chance to get our views across to people who will hopefully feel the same 3/we get to play with the Beat!!!!!!!!

Thats cool. I was Kind of Drunk earlier on because my Dads getting married so i was talking S**t. Thats cool your playing with the Beat. The reason I was so weird about the Bush thing earlier on was because theres these Kids near where I Stay who Have heard to Greedays record and decided to Put on F**k Bush shows cos they think its cool even though they Know f**k all about whats going on. It really spoils it for guys like you who are taking it serious. I think you've got good reason to say somthing especially with this talk of another War with Iran.
Quote by LoudnSnotty138
what a good movie.

my favorite part is when gwar is playing and he eats the pot brownies, and gets eaten by the big monster in gwars video.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I don't want to give myself over to a world of Regina Spektor, Van Gogh posters, and loud conversations about how wasted they got.
Quote by misfitsdisciple
my favorite part is when gwar is playing and he eats the pot brownies, and gets eaten by the big monster in gwars video.

I actually was thinking about that scene of the movie during school today. hahah

Quote by punkrockfan666
bush is a dum ass

#18 Ramones Worshipper

Hes a punk rock fan, im mean hes got to be, he hates bush, worships the ramones and satan
Quote by Joe Publicity
Thats cool. I was Kind of Drunk earlier on because my Dads getting married so i was talking S**t. Thats cool your playing with the Beat. The reason I was so weird about the Bush thing earlier on was because theres these Kids near where I Stay who Have heard to Greedays record and decided to Put on F**k Bush shows cos they think its cool even though they Know f**k all about whats going on. It really spoils it for guys like you who are taking it serious. I think you've got good reason to say somthing especially with this talk of another War with Iran.

yeah i know exactly what you mean. It pisses me off that theres a league of underage brats running around in NOFX tees and proclaiming political stances they know nothing about.
I'm sick of people saying "**** Bush!" You ask why, they'll say, "He's retarded." Me, I'm highly critical when it comes to the way he is not following the UN representatives' (in lack of a better word) orders, his conservative attitude to everything (I'm a lefty), and his statement that "Wicca is not a real religion." That pisses me off, and I am as hell not gonna walk around with a Green Day t-shirt shouting "**** Bush". I did like Pearl Jam's and Springsteen's Bush-bashing though; they did it with intelligence.
Intelligence is key. I don't mean to be a prat but with the Labour Party's recent shortcomings, surely groups like that in the UK should focus on Blair.
To many people bitching about the war. Just get on with it and congrat our troops who have the guts to do the things they do, I'm not condoning that america and the u.k did was right, but why does everyone feel the need to bitch about it. If we pull troops out there will be anarchy.
Member of The Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
Co-Founding member of the Save the Funk club. PM jimmypage27 or me to join.
Founding Member of "Using gay as an insult proclaims your idiocy" club.
Member #11 of the UG RIP Cliff Burton Club
Quote by ss311
Intelligence is key. I don't mean to be a prat but with the Labour Party's recent shortcomings, surely groups like that in the UK should focus on Blair.

Bush's actions effect people worldwide. Dont assume that because we're performing at an anti-war benefit we're not doing anything else.
Quote by punkrockfan666
bush is a dum ass

What a well written statement........

Im going to lose a ton of respect around here but im a republican. Not because I agree with war but because im so against abortion and stupid animal funds etc. I also disagree with the fact that you have to use your money to help the poor.....and again this isnt because im selfish but if i went to college and earned a well-paying job why should i have to give my money to people who dont do anything. And dont try to tell me that some people cant afford college, because anyone can afford it if they work hard enough to get scholarships. Also, Busch Beer has a conservation fund. If you want to save animals stop making six packs with plastic rings.

Its all just so stupid. Im not Bush's biggest fan but i am a fan of the republican party and i think Kerry would have ****ed up even worse.
Last edited by angusfenderbend at May 9, 2006,
Quote by angusfenderbend
Im going to lose a ton of respect around here but im a republican. Not because I agree with war but because im so against abortion and stupid animal funds etc. I also disagree with the fact that you have to use your money to help the poor.....and again this isnt because im selfish but if i went to college and earned a well-paying job why should i have to give my money to people who dont do anything. And dont try to tell me that some people cant afford college, because anyone can afford it if they work hard enough to get scholarships. Also, Busch Beer has a conservation fund. If you want to save animals stop making six packs with plastic rings.

Its all just so stupid. Im not Bush's biggest fan but i am a fan of the republican party and i think Kerry would have ****ed up even worse.

Take your f*cking head out of your arse. How are you not choking on your own bull****? You're so against abortion? and i bet youre a guy. My little sister was given the option to not completely destroy her own life aged 16. Babies can be fantastic if you're not struggling financially, too young mentally to care for them and they are wanted. Hers wasnt. She's not getting an abortion every month, it was a one off, we all make mistakes.
As for anyone can go to college, you're missing the vital part of whether or not people have the time to give up their full time jobs earning peanuts just to keep head above water.

Judging from your statements i would assume you're a middle class 15 yr old male, mummy and daddy pay for everything? or you work 15 hours at your local mcdonalds and think you know how tough life is. Well try opening your eyes and realising that you are not superior, you dont know everything and not everybody here has it quite as easy as you.
Quote by damn-right!
Take your f*cking head out of your arse. How are you not choking on your own bull****? You're so against abortion? and i bet youre a guy. My little sister was given the option to not completely destroy her own life aged 16. Babies can be fantastic if you're not struggling financially, too young mentally to care for them and they are wanted. Hers wasnt. She's not getting an abortion every month, it was a one off, we all make mistakes.

This is amusing. Mommy and Daddy must not have talked to her about birds and bees. When you have sex, you have kids. Apparantely life isn't about learning from your mistakes, it's about getting rid of them.

On topic though: I don't have a problem with bands who have a political message until they start taking advantage and either using that to establish their fanbase, or by using that to manipulate their young (as punk is generally focussed towards) fans, (Green Day, etc).
one, dont call green day punk... and two sex doesnt automatically lead to babies, there are such things as contraceptives, some of us have a little bit of a brain left and we can use them!! if you dont want babies, cover ur jimmy, or just go get an abortion. who cares, none of your business who else gets abortions!

what im saying is, GET YOUR NOSE OUTTA OTHERS BUSINESS!
Quote by CowsWithGuns
Quote by misfitsdisciple
one, dont call green day punk... and two sex doesnt automatically lead to babies, there are such things as contraceptives, some of us have a little bit of a brain left and we can use them!! if you dont want babies, cover ur jimmy, or just go get an abortion. who cares, none of your business who else gets abortions!

what im saying is, GET YOUR NOSE OUTTA OTHERS BUSINESS!

Just kill the kid, great idea. That's the kind of responsibility this country needs. You sorta made it everyone's business by posting it. Also, by the standards of anyone who doesn't consider them "a punk," Green Day is punk.
Quote by ljplum12
This is amusing. Mommy and Daddy must not have talked to her about birds and bees. When you have sex, you have kids. Apparantely life isn't about learning from your mistakes, it's about getting rid of them.

On topic though: I don't have a problem with bands who have a political message until they start taking advantage and either using that to establish their fanbase, or by using that to manipulate their young (as punk is generally focussed towards) fans, (Green Day, etc).

Are you not living in the real world? She was 16 yrs old and experimenting sexually, they did use protection, she's on the pill, however she was also on antibiotics, a very very common mistake. she wasnt sleeping around with a different guy every day, it was with the same guy she's with now and if she had kept the baby she couldnt have looked after it, it was the best option for her, i have never been in that situation and i doubt you have either so you cannot judge, its all very well to get on your high horse. But the real worlds nothing like what you see on that million pound tv mummy and daddy brought for you. Your family might have the money to support unwanted babies but we're barely scraping by as it is.

My band neither manipulates yong people nor use political ideals to gain a fanbase. We have a political message in a number of our songs because we have been given the opportunity to express said political views to an audience that will listen.
Quote by damn-right!
As for anyone can go to college, you're missing the vital part of whether or not people have the time to give up their full time jobs earning peanuts just to keep head above water.

Judging from your statements i would assume you're a middle class 15 yr old male, mummy and daddy pay for everything? or you work 15 hours at your local mcdonalds and think you know how tough life is. Well try opening your eyes and realising that you are not superior, you dont know everything and not everybody here has it quite as easy as you.

Quote by China Groove
RAWK ANGAINST BUSH!!1!! YEAHHH

what is this thread about? im too lazy to read

Using rocks to masturbate.
Quote by damn-right!
Are you not living in the real world? She was 16 yrs old and experimenting sexually, they did use protection, she's on the pill, however she was also on antibiotics, a very very common mistake. she wasnt sleeping around with a different guy every day, it was with the same guy she's with now and if she had kept the baby she couldnt have looked after it, it was the best option for her, i have never been in that situation and i doubt you have either so you cannot judge, its all very well to get on your high horse. But the real worlds nothing like what you see on that million pound tv mummy and daddy brought for you. Your family might have the money to support unwanted babies but we're barely scraping by as it is.

My band neither manipulates yong people nor use political ideals to gain a fanbase. We have a political message in a number of our songs because we have been given the opportunity to express said political views to an audience that will listen.

That poor kid. They never told me the whole antibiotics thing either when I was in high school. Schools really need to start teaching us the things we need to know in sex ed instead of just hawking abstinance. This is what sex ed was like at my school.

Condom's are 99.9% effective. But ABSTINANCE is the only 100% effective method. The pill is (something)%. But ABSTINANCE is the only 100% effective method. Never use peanut butter as a lube (I **** you not). But IF YOU PRACTICE ABSTINANCE you don't need to worry about it.

That was pretty much the entire lesson plan. The caps represent where the teacher raised her voice considerably. Becuase ya know loud = persuasive.
Minister of n00b harassing of the Punk and Ska fourm.
Quote by capsfan17, ss311, newyorkdolls138, somepunkkid, johnnynemo, axeslash, BrianApocalypse, mike2, dookie dude, lavazza and pinheadslts75
Thank God for CowsWithGuns

Quote by MattTheArsonist
Cowswithguns is my forum hero.

Quote by UraniYum
Cowswithguns is some kind of god on earth.

Love is never having to say your safeword.
Quote by damn-right!

Look, all I'm saying is that if she's old enough "to experiment sexually" she needs to be old enough to take responsibility for her actions. It's part of life. I respect that your family is struggling, and please don't automatically assume that I'm a spoiled rich kid, so, why they're killing things, why don't they just off your sister? That might solve the problem.

Quote by damn-right!

I'm glad. I respect that.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
That poor kid. They never told me the whole antibiotics thing either when I was in high school. Schools really need to start teaching us the things we need to know in sex ed instead of just hawking abstinance. This is what sex ed was like at my school.

Condom's are 99.9% effective. But ABSTINANCE is the only 100% effective method. The pill is (something)%. But ABSTINANCE is the only 100% effective method. Never use peanut butter as a lube (I **** you not). But IF YOU PRACTICE ABSTINANCE you don't need to worry about it.

That was pretty much the entire lesson plan. The caps represent where the teacher raised her voice considerably. Becuase ya know loud = persuasive.

Circle that A, motherfucker!
I love how i respected your opinion and you told me to get my ****ing head out of my arse. Judging by your statements your probably 20 something and pissed because you didnt make it into college and now your job doesnt pay you enough to buy beer. Now about your sister "experimenting sexually" she knew damn well that abstinence is the only sure-fire way to avoid teen pregnancy. But you figure "Hey, cut her a break. She was just havin' some fun, man." SHE TOOK SOMEONES LIFE. Abortion is murder. No matter how you sugar coat it there is genetic code in every life that has begun and there is a person just like you that it would have become. Sex was created for reproduction and people are going to live with the fact that if you have you might ****ing reproduce. Take some responsibility for your actions and admit that if you wouldve just waited for sex you wouldn't have had to deal with it at all. Im 16 and im not "experimenting sexually". Not everyone does. And if you do have to deal with it you should have the baby and put it up for adoption. Everyone makes mistakes but everyone should have to deal with the effects of the mistakes as well and not just brush them under the rug. And stop ****ing talking about the real world because everyone here lives in a real world and has real things to deal with. Now i respect your opinions and i just wish you could learn to respect mine. I dont agree with everything about my party but i feel very strongly about abortion and thats enough for me to be a republican.
Last edited by angusfenderbend at May 13, 2006,
Quote by misfitsdisciple
there are such things as contraceptives

Some of us are hardline Catholics...

Some of us don't have them in Africa...
Last edited by BrianApocalypse at May 13, 2006,
apologies for double post, I hit edit but my window closed

To be fair Liz, your sister should probably have read the instruction leaflet

But, "Apparantely life isn't about learning from your mistakes, it's about getting rid of them" is an unfair comment. Getting rid of it is learning (and reacting) to a mistake, as I think we all know.

For better or for worse I will exemplify; As a four year opld kid, I was not supposed to pay on the sofa. I did, and broke my collar bone, and got permanent minor brain damage (Mistake), I went to the hospital where the whitecoats fixed me up (getting rid of my problem) and never climbed on the back of the sofa again (lesson)

I don't think that MisfitsDisciple is some dumb rich kid, like you might exaggerate. I think that MisfitsDisciple is a special, highly sensitive and caring individual, who just happens to be inwardly focused.
"Judging by your statements your probably 20 something and pissed because you didnt make it into college and now your job doesnt pay you enough to buy beer."

Good point Maybe if the poor didn't spend so much on alcohol to curb the pain they'd be able to afford shoes.

And yes, perhaps that was the way in the 18th century, but no longer (in most cases, that is)

"SHE TOOK SOMEONES LIFE."

While unborn foetuses have reflexes and feelings, they are unaware of stuff.

"Abortion is murder. No matter how you sugar coat it there is genetic code in every life that has begun and there is a person just like you that it would have become."

Yeah, like you've never stepped on a bug or picked a flower.

Ever had this stuff, it's called food? that all has genetic code.

"Sex was created for reproduction and people are going to live with the fact that if you have you might ****ing reproduce."

If I were to say to you that sex was created also for pleasure, I'm sure you'd tell me that it's a way to get people to breed. If this is the case, explain homosexuality in animals.

"Take some responsibility for your actions and admit that if you wouldve just waited for sex you wouldn't have had to deal with it at all."

It's her sister and not her. Jesus.

"Im 16 and im not "experimenting sexually". Not everyone does."

Everyone does. Except you. Because you're fat.

"And if you do have to deal with it you should have the baby and put it up for adoption."

Why would a young, presumerable petite (your sister short like you?)
16 year old want to loosen up her cha cha? It's insane.

"Everyone makes mistakes but everyone should have to deal with the effects of the mistakes as well and not just brush them under the rug."

You can't dwell on mistakes, you have to lose them, and continue with your life. Forget it, it's gone. We're human, we learn from our mistakes (Just like that computer in the '80's film Wargames starring Matthew Broderick as teenage computer nerd David Lightman).

Maybe some things if you brush under the rug will come back to haunt you (drugs spring to mind). But an abortion? Maybe Jesus will know and the poor girl won't get into heaven? That'd be a real shame, because heaven is a nice place to be

"And stop ****ing talking about the real world because everyone here lives in a real world and has real things to deal with."

True.
I really don't see it as her mistake. The female reproductive system is extremely complicated and no one tells us anything and it's surprisingly hard find out what's fact and what's not. She should have known that an antibotic would have canceled out the pill. A girl I used to see should have known that clitoral engorgement when sexually excited is normal. Countless other girls should know that discharge is only an irregular thing if it's discolored or foul smelling. But most of us in the 14-18 range don't know and it's unfair to turn around and say "Well, if you were abstinant that wouldn't have happened." Fine if some people don't want to expreiment but no one has any right to impose that standard on others.

EDIT: I'm just sayin' that there are so many X factors in any accidental pregnancy. It's almost never just a case of someone simply being irresponsible and saying "Pshht. Who needs protection?"
Minister of n00b harassing of the Punk and Ska fourm.
Quote by capsfan17, ss311, newyorkdolls138, somepunkkid, johnnynemo, axeslash, BrianApocalypse, mike2, dookie dude, lavazza and pinheadslts75
Thank God for CowsWithGuns

Quote by MattTheArsonist
Cowswithguns is my forum hero.

Quote by UraniYum
Cowswithguns is some kind of god on earth.

Love is never having to say your safeword.
Last edited by CowsWithGuns at May 13, 2006,
Quote by BrianApocalypse
"Judging by your statements your probably 20 something and pissed because you didnt make it into college and now your job doesnt pay you enough to buy beer."

Good point Maybe if the poor didn't spend so much on alcohol to curb the pain they'd be able to afford shoes.

And yes, perhaps that was the way in the 18th century, but no longer (in most cases, that is)

"SHE TOOK SOMEONES LIFE."

"Abortion is murder. No matter how you sugar coat it there is genetic code in every life that has begun and there is a person just like you that it would have become."

"Sex was created for reproduction and people are going to live with the fact that if you have you might ****ing reproduce."

If I were to say to you that sex was created also for pleasure, I'm sure you'd tell me that it's a way to get people to breed. If this is the case, explain homosexuality in animals.

"Take some responsibility for your actions and admit that if you wouldve just waited for sex you wouldn't have had to deal with it at all."

It's her sister and not her. Jesus.

"Im 16 and im not "experimenting sexually". Not everyone does."

Everyone does. Except you. Because you're fat.

"And if you do have to deal with it you should have the baby and put it up for adoption."

Why would a young, presumerable petite (your sister short like you?)
16 year old want to loosen up her cha cha? It's insane.

"Everyone makes mistakes but everyone should have to deal with the effects of the mistakes as well and not just brush them under the rug."

You can't dwell on mistakes, you have to lose them, and continue with your life. Forget it, it's gone. We're human, we learn from our mistakes (Just like that computer in the '80's film Wargames starring Matthew Broderick as teenage computer nerd David Lightman).

Maybe some things if you brush under the rug will come back to haunt you (drugs spring to mind). But an abortion? Maybe Jesus will know and the poor girl won't get into heaven? That'd be a real shame, because heaven is a nice place to be

"And stop ****ing talking about the real world because everyone here lives in a real world and has real things to deal with."

True.

"unaware of stuff". Such an intellegent way to put it. Yes, i know that "foetuses" are unaware of stuff.

Are you trying to say that there is no difference between human life and animal life? I beg to differ. I think destroying human life is a bit different. If someone had Martin Luther King Jr aborted your white ass would still own slaves.

If I were to say to you that sex was created also for pleasure, I'm sure you'd tell me that it's a way to get people to breed. If this is the case, explain homosexuality in animals. What animal is homosexual? Sex is for reproduction. You cant even argue that.

It's her sister and not her. Jesus. I was talking to people in general.

Everyone does. Except you. Because you're fat. Im not fat at all. But you probably are. And your probably pissed that you never had the option to get any when you were my age.

You can't dwell on mistakes, you have to lose them, and continue with your life. Forget it, it's gone. We're human, we learn from our mistakes (Just like that computer in the '80's film Wargames starring Matthew Broderick as teenage computer nerd David Lightman). There you go. When nothing else works(or even if it does) turn to movie references to help you determine solutions to your problems. Well im sorry youve got it soooooo bad. Starving children in Africa probably know thier movie trivia as well. And Im sure you've been to heaven........who hasnt?
I personally dont think "Rocking Against Bush" or anything of the sort does anything but attract a legion of idiots, and stir up the water. Your musical notes are not going to change anything, and your lyrics have been said countless other times, by countless other people, and way more intelligently. I mean, everyone is entitled to their own interests and to have their own fun, but thats just my take on events such as this. I guess if you just play a ton of music and drink a ton of beer that would be fun enough in itself to be worth it, so in that case I would just name the event "Drink a ton of beer and play a ton of music."

Now that I've **** all over you and your event, do you have a link or something about your band? I would like to have a listen.
SIZE]
Quote by angusfenderbend

If someone had Martin Luther King Jr aborted your white ass would still own slaves.

Huh?
Quote by IlikeTheSKA
Huh?

yea that guy never knows what hes talking about

If someone had Martin Luther King Jr aborted your white ass would still own slaves.

If someone had had Hitler aborted....
Super Leeds and Classy Cas!
Page 1 of 2