Hi all
just thought i would say i have now finished my guitar project. I cannot thank you guys enough for the help you provided as without it i would not have been able to do this. i am hopeless without wiring and JimPlaysGuitar helped me greatly with this, and meant that i didn't get fried like a crisp when i turned the guitar on. Dirk Gently helped me with my pickups, and just for your information, i have a seymour duncan 59 humbucker and two other unamed pickups, which i will replace at a later date. Mr.Hankey helped me with both of the above so a general thanks to you man. Thanks to anyone else who i havn't mentioned because i couldn't have done it without you.

Mike.
Attachments:
internet guitar pics.JPG
internet guitar pics2.JPG
Hey, that turned out pretty nice. The fist is a nice addition.

Only thing I have to comment on is the unevenness in the paint (that it has slight gaps, divits, etc.) in it. The lines are straight though!

yes its a fiar point about the paint, it was tricky to do. I had to hand paint on some paint to cover up any areas that had got black spray on, which made it uneven, also if u mean the lacquer finish, i applied two coats of lacquer, which from the pic don't look that smooth i know, but actually is ok, not perfectly smooth like my other guitar, but for a first attempt at making a guitar i am pretty chuffed, and if it all comes off i can always redo the paint job with knowledge gained from this attempt. Also the pics really don't do it justice, it isn't that bad
Last edited by Mike3066 at May 11, 2006,
Recommended threads
rock n roll bar
punkrocklove999
Last post:
by punkrocklove999
Tone knobs?
tobiasosir
Last post:
by tobiasosir