ok people. I will soon be facing my first gig in Sept 2006, Ill be playing lead guitar, keyboard, vocals, one song has a violin piece in it and also I will play a bit of bass. Its a 2 hour gig (45 mins, 30 min break, then another 45 mins) and Im already nervous, never done a gig before so I need some advice on how to last this long!

- Thanks for the help, Abnormel

List of Songs (Incomplete)
  • Opening Song: I predict a riot (Kaiser Chiefs)
  • Born to be wild (Steppenwolf)
  • TNT (ACDC)
  • Highway to Hell (ACDC)
  • American Idiot (Greenday)
  • Fortune Faded (RHCP)
  • Smells Like Teen Spirit (Nirvana)
  • Nothing Else Matters (Metallica)
  • Own Song (Unforgivable)
  • Final Song: Live and Let Die (GNR)

Note: list is incomplete and in wrong order except for start and final song
Last edited by abnormel at May 9, 2006,
Quote by abnormel
ok people. I will soon be facing my first gig in Sept 2006, Ill be playing lead guitar, keyboard, vocals, one song has a violin piece in it and also I will play a bit of bass. Its a 2 hour gig (45 mins, 30 min break, then another 45 mins) and Im already nervous, never done a gig before so I need some advice on how to last this long!

- Thanks for the help, Abnormel

List of Songs (Incomplete)
  • Opening Song: I predict a riot (Kaiser Chiefs)
  • Born to be wild (Steppenwolf)
  • TNT (ACDC)
  • Highway to Hell (ACDC)
  • American Idiot (Greenday)
  • Fortune Faded (RHCP)
  • Smells Like Teen Spirit (Nirvana)
  • Nothing Else Matters (Metallica)
  • Final Song: Knocking on heavens door (GNR)

Note: list is incomplete and in wrong order except for start and final song

You're gunna cover a cover?
Gear:
Black Ibanez RG170
Line 6 Spider II 112
Genius Mind
May I advise a mix and match of the covers and your own songs, rather than all bunches togethers, and rather than cover a Bob Dylan song done by someone else, I would suggest that you attempt to take another great song and cover it in your own manner.
I listen to music and I don't need your opinions about what I listen to.
Well you have the whole summer to practice, no need to stress about it. Can you play all these songs already? If so, you'll have several months you can spend getting completely comfortable with the pieces. If not, the time you have is more than enough to learn 90 minutes of material.

Just relax, it's not worth it to spend may-september worrying about one gig lol.
Yeah lol but this is my first gig, in a way I cant wait to do it, but also I am extremely nervous about doing it. I know what to do if I mess up n all that its just, what if the audience dont like me etc. I am pretty worried about this
Well a few questions.... where are you playing? who will your audience be composed of? are you the main act and are other acts on the bill? will you get paid, and will your audience pay to see you?

We (or at least I) might be able to help you a bit more with answers to those questions.