Hey i wanted to know another question about this little thing and my question is if things on the this thing can be put onto a computer? probably not but i just wondered...so yeah
here is the jizz it has again

TASCAM Porta02mkII Start-Up Package Features:

* Totally portable and great for practice and for recording your musical creations
* Features a 4-track cassette recorder with 2-track simultaneous recording capability
* 2 - 1/4" inputs including a Hi-Z guitar input for recording direct
* Dedicated linear faders
* Level and pan controls for each channel
* Headphone jack with independent level control, stereo/mono switching, and a master L-R output

The Porta02mkII recorder is totally portable and great for practice and recording your musical creations. It features a 4-track cassette recorder with 2-track simultaneous recording capability. 2 - 1/4" inputs including a Hi-Z guitar input for recording direct, dedicated linear faders, and level and pan controls for each channel. Also has a headphone jack with independent level control, stereo/mono switching, and a master L-R output. Includes full TASCAM warranty.

Start-Up Package includes Porta02mkII, one TDK SA-X60KX 60-minute high-bias tape, HPVP1 headphones, and MCPV1 mic with XLR to 1/4" cable.
My advice... yeah its possible, but there is little point. You'd be best off recording direct to your compter as you'll increase noise/tape hiss and decrease quality.

For what its worth I have a Portasound 4track, and its been collecting dust for about 5years! I use software by Cakewalk called 'Guitar Tracks'. Google it. It cost half what my 4 track did, you get 8 tracks digital, full mixer, effects such as delay, flanger, reverb, parametric graphic eq., Drum loops bla bla bla.

And it was half the price of the Tascam 4track! Go digital I say
"You gonna bark all day, little doggy, or are you gonna bite?" -Mr Blonde

My dmusic site