Im down to an Epiphone SG (G-400) or a Schecter Damien FR (hence the name Synester_Gates!) which one should I get, and what is the deal with a Floyd Rose? Do you have to take off the nut peice to de-tune?
Epiphone Custom 1966 SG w/EMG 85(B)
Epiphone Les Paul
Peavey Valveking
Boss SD-1 Overdrive; NS-2
Fender Tuner
Yes, you need to un-clamp the nut to detune, and it's a pain in the ass re-balancing.

What's your budget? Neither of those guitars is incredible, but the Schecter's better.
well, I like going from standard to drop d. the budgets about $250-$400. can anyone reccomend a guitar in that price range
Epiphone Les Paul
Peavey Valveking
Fender Tuner
You should try to play them before you buy one or the other. Other people will look for different ideas about what makes the guitar worth buying.

If, however, you're going to be de-tuning alot, you should stay away from the schecter, purely on a convenience point of view. The Epiphone is simpler to detune, and Floyd Roses can be annoying to adjust regularly.
© LinkinParkFreak
well their is a regular damien 6 without the Floyd Rose, it has an awesome finish, grover tuners, sweet bat inlays, and EMG pickups
Epiphone Les Paul
Peavey Valveking
Fender Tuner
Epiphone SG!!! Great guitar. I have an Epiphone LP but i also played an SG. Very good sound. Buy it!!!
Knedl mid Soß. Des moga!
If there's a Damien without FR, then go for that over the Epiphone. Generally, Schecter's are made better, and hey, it looks cooler
© LinkinParkFreak
If you plan on swtiching tunings regularly, avoid guitars with Floyds. They make retunign a real pain in the ass.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Quote by Danno13
*lightbulb*
D-Tuna!

Don't they need to be recessed with the rest of the Floyd?
© LinkinParkFreak
isnt it better to get something else in that price range? the only one i have in mind is a ibanez rg321mh....

tremol-no? (sp?)
Quote by Danno13
*lightbulb*

D-Tuna!

Hey Crunch, you been to the Tavern?

just my thought a D-Tuna wud work unless you wanted to whammy the strings sharp
Quote by R_H_C_P
You're joking right?

It's like comparing sex to sticking your penis in a blender.

Man, I miss my Epi SG so bad. That thing was KILLER! Buy it, now!
My Gear:

2006 Fender American Strat
'58 Reissue Korina Gibson Flying V
1963 Harmony H53 Rocket
Squier Tele Custom II

Fender Champion 600