Alright I have a simple question, hopefully I get an answer. Would a 40 watt solid state amp be loud enough for an auditorium type room. Like 200-250 people..thanks
Quote by demonic_fishie
Johnson's naturally have a small kink in them, but if you've got a ninety-degree bend in it you should get it checked.

But hey, at least you could piss round corners.
Most likely, yes. I kinda depends on your style of music and how loud everyone else is.
^My band plays like Thrice and stuff along those lines.

And we do play rather...loud.
Quote by demonic_fishie
Johnson's naturally have a small kink in them, but if you've got a ninety-degree bend in it you should get it checked.

Maybe, maybe not.
I played a battle of the bands at school, with about 250 people. My amp died the night before, ended up borrowing a friends Marshall MG-50 (Bleurgh). It was loud enough, but probably due to the fact that everyone was silent.

I'd say mic it if you can though, purely so you don't push it into the typical solid-state overdrive of horrible-ness.
© LinkinParkFreak
2^Yeah but I made a similar thread like this a month or 2 ago, about my amp (it is a Peavey Envoy 110)..but nobody gave me an answer. So I figured this time i'll try for a more general question.

Edit: ^ And no I can't mic it.
Quote by demonic_fishie

a peavy XXX 40 watt tube amp would be loud enough, but not a solid state. it runs at $650 on musician's friend right now, but you could probably find it cheaper somewhere else.
Last edited by metallicafan180 at May 8, 2006,