Hey

I looked on UGs reviews section for The Ibanez RG1820-X and there wasnt any

does anyone own one or played one

i really want to know if its any good.

thanks

Kymble

xxx
Trust me, it is good if it has same or better features than the 1570.
My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Ibanez S470dxqm w/Tone Zone
Buz Mcgrath's S7320 w/ emg 707s
Boss Gt-8
EHX Metal Muff with top boost for sale!
Crate V32 palomino for sale !
Thanks Alot

i play mainly Thrash Metal and Rock

is it any good for that?

thanks
if i do buy it i was gonna buy Emg 81's

like kirk hammet

are they any gd?

xx
I like my emgs, but others will tell you they're horrible. They're obviously good for metal, but don't do so well in the cleans department. If you're looking for a metallica tone you should probably go with EMGs.
what other pickups would you recomend?

im a rhythm guitarist so i dont need to solo

i like a metallic sound but i want a cleanish warm tone as well

thanks for your help btw

xxx
get a esp guitar with emgs. I reccommend you the eclipse ESPs they're good. I played one through a ENGL powerball it pwned so bad. Creeping death sounded like if it was me replacing kirk hammett but pwning him so bad on the solo lol.
the reason y im reccomending you the les paul version (Eclipse) is because mahogany suits well with emgs. and especially rythm. The cleans are not that bad or good if you play on a nice tube amp. Plus u said rythm right? i dont think fast necks are necessary if you going full force on rythm. But lead is easy on it too if you got big hands.
RG + JB(with pole pieces adjusted, EASY pm me if you need to) = F***ing amazing tone for anything especially Death metal and thrash but the cleans are to die for!
My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Ibanez S470dxqm w/Tone Zone
Buz Mcgrath's S7320 w/ emg 707s
Boss Gt-8
EHX Metal Muff with top boost for sale!
Crate V32 palomino for sale !
Tried one out a couple of months ago.

I was considering buying one at one point but leaned away because I didn't need another similar RG to what I have.

Piezo works great. Not as great and organic sounding as some I've heard but really does what you need it too. As usual, pickups need to be replace. I'm not sure if the wiring from the pickups go into the Piezo preamp but if they do, you'll have a hell of a time find a proper wiring diagram.

All in all, great guitar. You won't even notice that it's any different then an RG1570 other then it having one less pickup and a piezo.

Just a note: the bridge is the exact same thing as the normal Edge Pro except with Piezo pickups installed at the saddles.
Bleh.

Member #3 of the I Am Canadian Club, pm colen or Mantiscabinet to join
Member #3 of the Necrophagist worshippers pm night_lights to join
Member #2 of the Ibanez RG5xx & up club PM tombo32 to join < 110% credit to t2russo