Okay guys listen i need a little help with vocals theory..i sent this band a demo of my singing (they play hard rock ACDC kind of ) and their main guy told me it was decent theyll invite me for a rehearsal but he also told me that i should learn how to get my voice to be raspy like angus young and i want to acheive something like that without having my tonsils removed help plzzzzzz
I can't think of anything but listening to Brian Johnson and Bon Scott and emulating it. I'd add to that list the midget lead singer from the band Accept (no joke, listen to the song "Balls to the Wall"), and Lemmy Kilmister (Motorhead). There's probably a few more guys too.

I can't help you on not blowing out the voice.
Whoa, stop right now. Screaming will NOT give you a raspy voice. It WILL destroy your vocal cords and prevent you from singing at all.

Now we've got that established: being able to sound raspy is a side effect of good training. Get a vocal teacher, else you just ain't gonna be doing it in a remotely healthy way. I know, I know, it isn't what you want to hear, but please don't try anything else.
Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
if ur going to play some american idiot stuff heres the settings:

Master Volume : 0
i dunno about the rest