Metallica, Slayer, and Megadeth. All making albums that will come out this year or next year. All of them saying it will be their best work yet.

I can't wait. Thrash is my favorite type of metal ever. These three are my favorite bands.

Metallica also said they are going back to their old style so no more St. Anger!!

These guys are coming back with a vengeance!! Now where's anthrax?
Am i the only Metallica fan alive that actually liked St Anger??
Gibson SG (Heavily modded)
Fender USA Strat
Hohner 12 String-uber rare

Fender Silverface Twin

EHX Big Muff
Digitech badmonkey overdrive
Boss DS-1
Blackstar Distortion X
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez Delay
Digitech Whammy
tobythechimp

i love st anger

fine its not METALLICAS best work
but it is some of the best music around at the time, some of the best of its genre, beats everything else hands down!
Quote by tobythechimp
Am i the only Metallica fan alive that actually liked St Anger??

I liked St. Anger but I like their old stuff better.
St Anger Was Ok

I Could Comfortably Listen To It Through Though I'd Rather It Be Master Of Puppets.

And "uuuuhhhhhhh" Do you have any real evidence why Metallica and such are ****thrash?

or is it just opinion?

if it is

keep it to yourself

OLD SKOOL METALLICA

WOOOOOOOOOOOT
Quote by uuuuhhhhhhhh
....Thrash is dead. And Metalliaca, Slayer, and Megadeth are **** thrash to begin with.

You are the most stupid ignorant douche bag I have ever seen. Here let me motherf***ing wikipedia to prove my point.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thrash_metal

read this you misguided idiot

there's only one picture on the godamn page that's not slayer metallica or megadeth
Yea,but no on give a fuck about Sodom,Exodus and Sadus
- Treat people the way you would like to be treated.
- Don't do to others what you wouldn't like others to do to you.
- Live and let live.
- Always tell the truth.
- If someone looks at you, just give them a nice smile they won't soon forget
Metallica won't be releasing a thrash album
Megadeth won't be releasing anything worth listening to
I think Slayer won't be able to resurrect thrash on their own, they're not exactly going to be releasing another Reign in Blood are they?
Quote by MaAal_MaAan
i don't see any reason not to. Although, when i was little, i had a bad experience and pissed all over my feet, i've since improved my aim dramatically and always get in the hole.

Last.FM
It's not **** thrash
Woooooooooooooh! Megadeth rule!Does anyone know when their album and the metallica album will be out??
"Be Excellent To Each Other"
Thrash resurrecting???? hahahaha, did you hear the new Sadus, Venom, Nuclear Assault, Death Angel, Sepultura, Assassin, Metallica, even the german trinity can't do it like before.

It's dead, accept it. I just hope that if Dark Angel indeed come back that they aint gonna **** it.
I thought St. Anger was ok, like I could listen to it, but like someone alredy mentioned I'd rather listen to Master of Puppets or ride the lightening. I also hope their new album is more like their old stuff.
Quote by narmi
Metallica won't be releasing a thrash album
Megadeth won't be releasing anything worth listening to
I think Slayer won't be able to resurrect thrash on their own, they're not exactly going to be releasing another Reign in Blood are they?

Here's the article

http://ultimate-guitar.com/news/interviews/lars_ulrich_we_dont_need_to_make_another_st_anger.html

"Metallica's Lars Ulrich has exclusively revealed to Kerrang! magazine that the band's new material has an "old-school" Metallica flavor. "
Quote by uuuuhhhhhhhh
No its **** thrash. Destruction, Kreator, Testement...All **** on metallica.

just kill yourself

seriously just remove yourself from the gene pool

at least cut your nut sack off so you don't have kids
Quote by cleadus_134
I thought St. Anger was ok, like I could listen to it, but like someone alredy mentioned I'd rather listen to Master of Puppets or ride the lightening. I also hope their new album is more like their old stuff.

I don't understand why people keep hoping Metallica will release another thrash album - if they did, I'd consider them even bigger sellouts than they are now - trying to repeat past success.

I can't really see where they are going to go from St. Anger - I do hope something along the lines of hard rock - songs like No Leaf Clover, Minus Human etc...
Quote by MaAal_MaAan
i don't see any reason not to. Although, when i was little, i had a bad experience and pissed all over my feet, i've since improved my aim dramatically and always get in the hole.

Last.FM
F*** you all we have an ONLY thrash thread!!!!
Gear

PRSCustom 24

Jackson DXMG w/ sh-13 dimebucker & sh12 jazz

Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Solo head and matching 4x12 cab

Hendrix dunlop Wah

TS-7 tube screamer
Quote by Ihearthetfield
Here's the article

http://ultimate-guitar.com/news/interviews/lars_ulrich_we_dont_need_to_make_another_st_anger.html

"Metallica's Lars Ulrich has exclusively revealed to Kerrang! magazine that the band's new material has an "old-school" Metallica flavor. "

Lars' idea of an old school Metallica album is probably Load.

As much as I would love for Metallica to go back to the real old school sound, its pretty clear that after 15 years in a completely different direction, they arent going back to the original sound.
I was bad with usernames at age 12. Ah woe.
^^^ except I like old Megadeth, Slayer and Metallica. However I'm not a big thrash fan so...

In response to ddduuuuuhhhhh
Dead soldier! Go now to Valhalla!
the metal forum is really ****ed up today, people opening avengend sevencrap threads here now people saying st anger was a good album, thrash resurecting , wtf
Quote by Ihearthetfield
just kill yourself

no, i agree with him.
Kreator, Testament and Exodus pwn the big four.
not by much, but they do.
Quote by metalfan
the metal forum is really ****ed up today, people opening avengend sevencrap threads here now people saying st anger was a good album, thrash resurecting , wtf

A new mod was meant to be appointed but nothings happened.

Also Kreator, Exodus etc.. have all released great albums in the past few years where as the big four haven't released decent thrash material since the early 90s
Quote by MaAal_MaAan

Last.FM
Quote by chemicalsolutio
Thrash resurrecting???? hahahaha, did you hear the new Sadus, Venom, Nuclear Assault, Death Angel, Sepultura, Assassin, Metallica, even the german trinity can't do it like before.

It's dead, accept it. I just hope that if Dark Angel indeed come back that they aint gonna **** it.

Exactly.

Where do people get the idea that if Metallica come up with some great album (which they won't), the entirety of metal will start sounding like the 80's again?
Thrash is gone...honestly...

Slayers' last album sucked anal seepage and so did Metallicas'. Megadeths' wasn't so great either. Kreator, Death Angel. Venom, Sodom, Nuclear Assault and Sepultura beat the hell outta the big four.

No matter what. I liked Metallica and I still do..but they aint got **** on Coma of Souls.
Quote by Bodom_Shredder7
i hate you mer der. i hope you get a boner and accidently fall on it.

Quote by rocknrollstar
Excuse my stupidity , but what is a urethra ?

Im guessing anus.
Quote by Ihearthetfield
just kill yourself

You're a twat...

Metallica hasn't been thrash since Master of Puppets...
Quote by zachbino57
CSguitarvocal is correct as usual, pepsi tastes much better out of a can.

Quote by TWISTEDFender
And CSguitarvocal for teh win.
Quote by uuuuhhhhhhhh
No its **** thrash. Destruction, Kreator, Testement...All **** on metallica.

I like Metallica's early work but true fucking that. That Thrash rules.

Anyway, there is a thrash thread.
if you have belief in ur soul and jesus you can do anything