Hey everyone,

I'd like more info on tapping, anyone know where I could find some? I'm talking the theory and basics of it...

I've seen Pick 'n Grin's video and the new video lesson (touched a little on tapping) but I'm still looking for something more basic, something to build on. Something that teaches what intervals you should tap on, what the most common techniques are, that kinda stuff.
-Red 1990 Fender Strat with maple neck
-Cream colored Strat. GFS Premium II pickups.
-Line6 spider 210 and Fender Pinceton Chorus amps
-Zoom G2
Pick'n'grins video is great as far as showing the actual technique goes.

As for what intervals to play? the notes you tap are the same as any other notes you play. Major/minor triads are often a tapped out but really you can do anything.

Common technqiues? look at some tabs, everyone knows the part from Van Halen - Eruption which is really simple. Ozzy Osbourne - Crazy Train is a bit trickier, you also have a bend+tap somewhere in it. Check out Joe Satriani - Midnight for multifinger tapping.
good song but like the rest of the people i agree with the vocal comments,

the vocals seem to like never change, its almost like talking

but very good on the songwriting aspect
Thanks seljer, that's the kind of info I'm looking for. You helped out already! I guess I can just practice the stuff that pick showed and experiment hey, I'll do that.

Orandge; thanks for the input on the song!! Glad to hear my songwriting isn't off to a bad start... I'll work on the melody for the vocals as I go on for sure!
-Red 1990 Fender Strat with maple neck
-Cream colored Strat. GFS Premium II pickups.
-Line6 spider 210 and Fender Pinceton Chorus amps
-Zoom G2
i have never really listned to steve vias music that closely but one of my buddies said that he finger taps in a few of his songs but i cant remember which songs
Quote by crazy_white_man
i have never really listned to steve vias music that closely but one of my buddies said that he finger taps in a few of his songs but i cant remember which songs

He does it in tons of them, but Steve Vai is ****ing crazy and its not something I'd start out on