Hey guys ive always wanted a prs but couldnt buy one cuz of the price..so i was looking around today and saw some PRS guitars at a low price. I've seen them before like a year ago but totally forgot about them. For example this one: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Guitar/Electric?sku=519370 There's so many good reviews on it..has anyone tried them? Also, it says "fat wide neck"..is that really a problem?

I like to play: Breaking benjamin, avenged sevenfold, metallica, black sabbath, green day..basically anything but those are the main ones
It's not necessarily the dog in the fight, it's the FIGHT in the DOG
I own a PRS Santana SE. I'm not sure how similar it is to the regular PRS SE, but I figured I throw in my two cents. I find it to be a fantastic guitar. The guitar gives out amazing cleans, but also using the treble pup gives you a really nice distortion sound from it. I'd definately go and play it and see what you think, but for what it's worth, I think that the PRS SE series are fantastic guitars for the price. Mind you I was looking at many other guitars in the same price range (Les Paul, American Fenders), but the PRS blew them out of the water. If you have any other questions let me know.
Rainsong BI-WS1000N2
CA Blade Electric
PRS Santana SE
Ibanez Artcore AF75
Carlo Robelli Jumbo A/E

Fulltone Fulldrive2
EHX Small Clone
Buddha Wah
Ibanez AD9 Delay
Ibanez Vintage EQ

Crate V18-112
Peavey Vypyr 75
Roland MicroCube
Hey, thanks for the help, yeah they look like awesome guitars...

i'm still unsure whether to buy the PRS, or the Ibanez sz720fm ..every tried the ibanez?
It's not necessarily the dog in the fight, it's the FIGHT in the DOG
I've played Ibanez electrics before, but not that specific model. I enjoy the Ibanez's as well, I just prefer my PRS, but obviously, since I'm an owner, that's a biased opinion. My only advice, which is likely what most will say, is to try them out, especially with your own equipment (amp, effects) and decide what you like better. The Ibanez may suit your heavier style better, PRS is known for its cleans, but I find that mine handles almost anything I could throw at it.
Rainsong BI-WS1000N2
CA Blade Electric
PRS Santana SE
Ibanez Artcore AF75
Carlo Robelli Jumbo A/E

Fulltone Fulldrive2
EHX Small Clone
Buddha Wah
Ibanez AD9 Delay
Ibanez Vintage EQ

Crate V18-112
Peavey Vypyr 75
Roland MicroCube
I love my PRS SE to bits. I put some major work into it but honestly the only thing that needs to be changed for most peoples need is locking tuners if you purchased the trem model. You can swap out the pups but you might not need to. The stock pups are amazing for the overall price of the guitar. The neck pup is great for that clean soothing tone and you can punch it. The bridge pup is amazing for soloing but that output wasn't enough (imo). I wanted something a bit more extreme but not to bold so I changed my pups. PM me with any questions.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Member #2 of the Coheed and Cambria fanclub, PM dementedpuppy to join.
my friend has a santana SE and I hear it's pretty much pwnage. I played one at a shop once, and it seemed very good. They're really nice, not real PRS nice, but definitely better then Epiphone etc.

PS: dude. I love breaking benjamin. they're basically my favorite band, and finally I found someone on the boards who likes them too
1995 MIM Fender Strat
Breedlove AD25/SM Acoustic
Chandler Les Paul w/Duncan Alnico II-Pro & Pearly Gates
Little Big Muff Pi
Dunlop Crybaby
Vox AD50VT

Quote by CheeseMuffin909
Zakk Wylde.
He's like Elton John but with a guitar, more stylish clothes, and not gay.
I play with two custom PRS's in my band. They both have the Dragon 2 pick-ups in them which I think have excellent cleans and crisp crunch when distorted. PRS would once again be my biased opinion. What are the pickups in the SE series??? They're Dragons, right??

- oh, and Breaking Benjamin is the flippin' "shizzle"
Quote by Rollingstone24
Hey, thanks for the help, yeah they look like awesome guitars...

i'm still unsure whether to buy the PRS, or the Ibanez sz720fm ..every tried the ibanez?

the SZ720 kicks the **** out of the PRS SE Custom. the SE have quite a few down points: flat top, block shapped heel, really crappy bridge, tone less pups, its just not worth the money. either get one of the SZ series or a Schecter.
I have the SE Soapbar II and I enjoy it. The only thing that sucks about the non-trem PRS SE models is the stop bar tailpiece, which blows. It's only adjustable as a whole. The individual strings are not adjustable, so it isn't possible to accurately intonate it. Other than that, no complaints. Nice resonant body, warm cleans. Good sounds.
Hi, I'm Peter