A friend of mine bought a Jackson SESMG Soloist, I think It's called, with the different head stock. It came stock with two EMG-HZ's. He recently replaced them with Dimarzios. I offered to buy them and he said a price of $40 dollars for both of them. Is this a good deal and Where would I but the quick connect wires from?
40 each or what? i only played the Hzs once and i thought they werent so great (my opinion dosnt have to be yours ) but anyway all i know is Alexi from Children of bodom uses them and he sounds pretty good, so i guess its not impossibel to get a good sound out of them. but what kind of guitar & pickups do you have right now?

edit : never mind i see your rockin the squier anyway i dont think the hz's will fit in a squier, does it have single coils or humbuckers?
MY GEAR :
2000 Jackson SL-3 Soloist
Roland Cube 60
Boss Metal Zone
Dunlop 535q Wah
Shitty DS-1 (AKA Teh Pap3rWeIgHt)

Quote by Nole07
i have like 30 bucks to spend. and i wanna know from first hand experience does it make pp's huge? thanks
$40 for HZs is a good deal (I think). But HZs are something people are very opinionated on. The EMGs you typically see are the 81, 85, and 60 (actives). HZs are passive, not what EMG is known for. Try the EMGs through your amp first (if you can, if not find a guitar with HZs in them) and see how you like them.
yeah but real EMGS would be kind of expensive for him probably since he probably doesnt have a job so i guess just try out a few guitars that have Hzs out of the same/similar amp as you and see if you like, if not save up and get some duncans or something
MY GEAR :
2000 Jackson SL-3 Soloist
Roland Cube 60
Boss Metal Zone
Dunlop 535q Wah
Shitty DS-1 (AKA Teh Pap3rWeIgHt)

Quote by Nole07
i have like 30 bucks to spend. and i wanna know from first hand experience does it make pp's huge? thanks
HZs would definately be a cosmetic upgrade and wouldnt make it sound any worse that the SXs. I liked the sound of the HZ at the neck made when split into a single coil for fast high gain sweep picking, on an LTD M200FM I had for a couple months. I just didnt like the neck and it sounded a bit thin from the bridge pup with FR and agathis body wings.
HZ's DONT SUCK! They come standard in the Schecter Damien 6 and its awesome. I say go for it since they usually go for 100 each. or thats what it says on the EMG site.
My Gear-

Guitars
- Schecter Gryphon
- Ibanez GRX40

Amp/Effects

- Crate FXT65 With DSP
- Dunlop Cry Baby Classic

My Choice
- DR 9's
- Dunlop 2mm
I got to actually play an emg 81 for the first time today on b52 half stack pretty loud in a huge gym. it sounded amazing, there was some mess under it though, like if you stopped playing etc. a noise suppressor would probably fix it. I liked it even for the laiho-type leads.

i'd say go for it
I'm not racist.

I hate everyone the same.