Okay I'm tired of all the "lets name ur favorite car" or "which is better camaro or mustang" threads where people don't even know how to spell them half the time. Or how about this, so one said they wanted a 72 Hemi 'Cuda when they don't exist or a 70-73 Mustang GT, also doesn't exist. So lets start.

Did any one go to either of the Barrett-Jackson auctions or Russo and Steele? I went to the Barrett-Jackson in Scottsdale. I had no idea that there is so much stuff there; not to mention all of the cars to drool over if you don't have the $500,000+ to buy your 1970 Hemi 'Cuda convertible one of only 13 Hemi convertibles made in that year.
no. But on the topic of cars the creation of the internal combustion was in itself the greatest show of optimism in hitsory "aye sure fire it up itll work"
Id love any car at the minute man, Insurance here in northern Ireland looks like the side of Mt. Everest cos of all the joy riders-not good
Grammar Nazi.
I don't know much about cars, but my 2002 Dodge Ram Crew Cab 4X4 > 1986 Subaru Legacy in the Sourdough parking lot.
Founder of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Pot Smokers Association. PM me to join.
Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
ak guitarist doesn't dress in the morning. he kills throughout the day and attires himself appropriately

im a car nut, and so is my dad.
right now hes driving a 67 corvette coupe. were both working on a 66 GTO convertible together for a friend.
Its super sick you went to barret jackson to see all the goddam gorgeous cars they have there. I watch the show with my girlfriends dad and just drool at all the muscle cars. But i think Barrett Jackson isnt that great for one reason. there are guys out there that have cars that are very similar to cars that are being auctioned. So that guy will see his car on the TV and immediately think his car is worth 300,000 dollars when its not even worth half that.
Thats not entirely true. A guy witha car like most of those generally know the value of their car by the condition its in. Exe: a restored car vs. an unrestored car
oh deffinately, there are cars there that go for over 300,000 and its still a bargain. but im sure there are rich boys out there with camaros and chargers and because of barrett jackson think they are easily worth half a million. it also depends the mileage, how detailed the restoration is and if the car is original or not.
cool
My Gear:
-1984 Fender Stratocaster
-Epiphone Les Paul <- The Worlds Nicest
-Gretsch Duo Jet
-Takamine EG334BC
-Mr.Crybaby Wah Pedal
-Marshall Jackhammer Distortion/Overdrive Pedal
-Boss DD-6 Digital Delay Pedal
-Peavey Classic 50 4X10
Quote by phattyhales
Okay I'm tired of all the "lets name ur favorite car" or "which is better camaro or mustang" threads where people don't even know how to spell them half the time. Or how about this, so one said they wanted a 72 Hemi 'Cuda when they don't exist or a 70-73 Mustang GT, also doesn't exist. So lets start.

Did any one go to either of the Barrett-Jackson auctions or Russo and Steele? I went to the Barrett-Jackson in Scottsdale. I had no idea that there is so much stuff there; not to mention all of the cars to drool over if you don't have the $500,000+ to buy your 1970 Hemi 'Cuda convertible one of only 13 Hemi convertibles made in that year.

the real problem with those auctions is the bidding really heats when the cameras roll, which is usually on halo cars like the said cudas, which even regular "less rare models" are going for 200,000+ which is crazy, if you bought one from a private seller you could get it for ~50,000
I was reading Vintage Motorsports and in their auction watch segment recently they cited a non numbers matched porsche 356 B as having sold for 50,000! That's because those cameras were rolling folks!!! that's why I hate these big public auctions, everything goes through the roof.

If you want a steal on a terrific car look into private sellers or junkyard dive, you can almost always find a classic for less, take the porsche my uncle just got from my grandfather, a rough car like that would go for $18,000 at auction, and would take another 30k to get done professionally just to get to near original shape, in our settup the car cost several hundred dollars, and going DIY everywhere except bodywork is saving a fortune

If you want that dream car, do it yourself.
i agree 100% with Keef is king
but i dont complain seeing a nice car, even if it is over priced
Sorry just a little edit here. That Hemi 'Cuda sold for a mere $2,,160,000. and no there are no extra zeroes in that number. Thats not eveb the vehicle that sold for the most.
The top two were a 1954 Pontiac Bonneville Special Motorama Concept car: $3,024,000 and a 1950 General Motors Furtureliner Parade of Progress Tour bus.
Here they are.
http://www.barrett-jackson.com/auctionresults/common/cardetail.asp?id=183447
http://www.barrett-jackson.com/auctionresults/common/cardetail.asp?id=183033
http://www.barrett-jackson.com/auctionresults/common/cardetail.asp?id=182937
Quote by phattyhales
Sorry just a little edit here. That Hemi 'Cuda sold for a mere $2,,160,000. and no there are no extra zeroes in that number. Thats not eveb the vehicle that sold for the most.
The top two were a 1954 Pontiac Bonneville Special Motorama Concept car: $3,024,000 and a 1950 General Motors Furtureliner Parade of Progress Tour bus.
Here they are.
http://www.barrett-jackson.com/auctionresults/common/cardetail.asp?id=183447
http://www.barrett-jackson.com/auctionresults/common/cardetail.asp?id=183033
http://www.barrett-jackson.com/auctionresults/common/cardetail.asp?id=182937

what the hell is that bus about? it looks like... a truck and a cigar case or something... it doesnt look like anything! but for 4 million dollars, its a bargain!

and my favourite car is this.

its a 1958 Vanwall F1 car. and you can buy them road legal! i want one...
X

"Just wait till tomorrow
I guess that's what they all say
Just before they fall apart"
I have no idea what the bus was about but it was crazy. There was also a lot of celebs there. Jack Nickalson, Chip Foose, Carroll Shelby, Sammy Hagar, and Michael Anthony. I'm sure there were more but they were the only ones I saw
i guess im a car guy. I have a 66 charger with a 318 poly. i love the heck out of it even though it doesn't have much power.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
She has a pussy so she shall be banged.

Smile, enjoy, live...you only get to do it once.
Thats cool. Who cares if it doesn't have much power. You have a charger and are probably envied by someone in your town. I have a 67 mustang coupe with a 289 2bbl and its a 3spd auto. I hope to put a 351w in it and a 5spd manual.
News about my mustang. I put a new radiator in the car. Start it up so I can adjust the timing.(its being restomodded) and find out the gauges don't work and the car blew two freeze plugs. Me and my dad put new ones in and started it again and now there doesn't seem to be any flow through the radiator. The solutions we've come up with is that the sludge hat is in the bottom of the block maybe preventing flow, it needs a new water pump or the new thermostat isn't opening. Any ideas?
I was a car nut back in 8th grade, I want a classic late-60's Camaro Yenko 427, 5.3 sec 0-60 mph timings...that rivals a Subaru Impreza WRX STi, also it had 4.10:1 rear gears on most of it's vehicles, too bad only 201 cars were made, and only 30 of em were automatic, the other 171 were manual, and the Manuals had the Muncie M-22 Tranny which was called the "Rockcrusher"....I love that car lol.
Quote by Eric 666
I was a car nut back in 8th grade, I want a classic late-60's Camaro Yenko 427, 5.3 sec 0-60 mph timings...that rivals a Subaru Impreza WRX STi, also it had 4.10:1 rear gears on most of it's vehicles, too bad only 201 cars were made, and only 30 of em were automatic, the other 171 were manual, and the Manuals had the Muncie M-22 Tranny which was called the "Rockcrusher"....I love that car lol.

manuals are better anway..better on gas and more fun to play with..