I only want to know this for closure. lol (I own 2 fenders including a vintage tele. already and dont need another fender)
on to the question.
How do the different places of manufacture rank?

I always thought that it was:
USA CS
USA
Mexico
Japan

but lately i have been reading that it goes:
USA CS
USA
Japan
Mexico

Which is it?
'11 Gibson LP Jr.
'07 Gretsch 5120
'69 Tele
'10 Godin 5th Ave. Kingpin
'03 Blueridge Dreadnought
'02 Custom Martin D-28
Premier Twin-8
Fender Hot Rod Dlx
Boss SD-1
Last edited by Ranger01 at May 8, 2006,
*Personally*

I sat down at guitar center and tried a MIM Strat and a MIA Strat-one right after the other-and I couldn't really find much difference besides the additional $600 on the MIA's price tag. I've heard that both factories can produce really great and really crappy guitars. But, if I can find a MIM that sounds as good as an MIA, I'm going to spend less and buy the MIM.

I haven't tried a MIJ or a CS, so I can't really comment on those.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
The reason why people are excited and laud the Made in Japan Fenders is because of the 90's. During the 90's the Japanese were producing very well made (sometimes better than the american factories) guitars with lighter price tags than their american counterparts. The Japanese guitars were very high quality at a low cost (in comparison to the american made ones).

I have a japanese made Mustang and I love it.

DJ
In my opinion MIJ and MIA are equal quality. Japan has a high standard of living and, in turn, a high standard of manufacturing.

American Stratocaster + Blues Junior

Hey I think MIA is the only way to go. I own a MIA Fender HSS Deluxe Stratocaster and i have to say it is amazing!!! I played a mexican telecaster and it was sweet. I think MIM Telecasters are they way to go for teles and MIA Strats. But hey thats just me!

Hey and what is USA CS???
USA Custom Shop
'11 Gibson LP Jr.
'07 Gretsch 5120
'69 Tele
'02 Custom Martin D-28
Premier Twin-8
Fender Hot Rod Dlx
Boss SD-1
IMO

USA CS
USA +Japan
Mexico

but if you get a good one from any price range..then you will know about it if oyu find one thats a pick of the bunch. buy it..NOW!

my strats korean...plays better than my buddies USA and he knows it
and it has more mojo..and that neck is just *huge drrol mess on floor*
ya man same with my '76 tele, everyone says 70's fenders suck but mine can out-play any new Tele out there.
'11 Gibson LP Jr.
'07 Gretsch 5120
'69 Tele
'02 Custom Martin D-28
Premier Twin-8
Fender Hot Rod Dlx
Boss SD-1