Recorded this on Saturday while testing out my shiny new Shure SM58 mic

Messed around by putting the vox through a Boss Me-50 multi-effects pedal for a nice bit of delay and stero panning aswell

Let me know what you think. It ain't gonna sound like Kurt though obviously , I sing an octave down for starters...

Link:

http://mattskas.dmusic.com/
"You gonna bark all day, little doggy, or are you gonna bite?" -Mr Blonde

My dmusic site
Last edited by Mattskas at May 23, 2006,
I like it, sounded really good. Only thing i would change is vocal volume, but Kurt did sing it pretty quietly anyways. Overall its very good
Yeah- I wasn't sure how the vox volume had worked out, although it sounded okay on playback, maybe cos I have my recording software hooked up to my hi-fi as monitors.

I couldn't do much to get the vox louder really, as I was using my multi-fx pedal as a pre-amp.... this works for guitar but the signal from a mic is much weaker. Think I need to buy a proper mic pre-amp for next time

Thanks for comment though, glad you liked it

My dmusic site
I enjoyed it as well. I like the effect on the vox, and I think singing it in the lower register gives it a great feel. I also like the tone of your voice. With the lower octave and smooth vocals it gives it a wonderful subtle creepy feel. Kudos.
If I had $1, for everytime I had $1, I'd be twice as broke as I am now...
I really enjoyed that, that was awesome man.
Work to live, not live to work.
Great job. Nirvana's not easy..
Gear:

Crappy Samick Guitar
4x12 Cabinet
Guitar Rig 2
Computer
Peavey Bass
Bass Master 200 Watt bass amp
thats a pretty good cover i like it
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
He's just trying to protect our innocence.

Yes i am
Quote by :Vicious--

Your flirting powers are incredible.

Gear:
Schecter S1 Elite Black Cherry (Soapbar Neck, Invader Bridge)
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
I really dig the vocals for sure...sounds even darker than the original if that were possible...good work
Awesome man, I havent heard this particular nirvana song, but i like your version. Its pretty dark and erie which is cool, pretty cool vocal effect, the delay might have a been a tad much in one or two spots, but no big deal, and the guitar and vocal tones sounds good, like you and someone else already mention maybe a little more vocal volume, but sounds good dude
Nice tone on guitar, great vocals too. Good job

edit: I liked voices calling, nice song.
Last edited by toha33 at May 23, 2006,
Thanks for the replies I'm actually quite re-assured now, cos I wasn't all that convinced about my singing voice- I sing an octave down, which I don't have any choice about...
But its difficult finding songs that suit a deep voice. Its so dark I get creeped out by my own singing voice. meh

Maybe I should do some Johnny Cash songs...can't get much deeper than his voice!

My dmusic site