Heres a cool scale, I cant remember where I learned it but I'm pretty sure its by Yngwie. I played it slooww so anyone can learn it if they want and then fast

check it out.

Yngwie Scale
How can I learn something when I can't see the damned thing!!
Why "Emo"? What the hell are they? A crossbreed between manic depressives and the crow?!LOL!!

Some Beach, Some where!
Quote by Valasco
No one dies as a virgin. Life f***s us all
Quote by G_Dub777
How can I learn something when I can't see the damned thing!!

its called your ear....
for the hearing impaired (jk)

e-11-12-14-12-11--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
b----------------------13-12-10-12-13-12-10---------------------------------------------------
g---------------------------------------------------12-11-10-11-12-11-10-9-10-11-10-9----
d-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
a------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
e------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

e------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
b------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
g------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
d--10-9-7-9-10-9-7--------------------------------------------------------------
a------------------------10-9-7-9-10-9-7-6-7-9-7-6--------------2-----------
e-------------------------------------------------------------8-9~~~--0-----------
Last edited by Rapid_Fire at May 10, 2006,
Mmmkay yeah, that's quite good. A little sloppy on the second fast repetition though, but hey nobodys perfect. Unless their surname hapens to be Hendrix
"You gonna bark all day, little doggy, or are you gonna bite?" -Mr Blonde

My dmusic site
Quote by Mattskas
Mmmkay yeah, that's quite good. A little sloppy on the second fast repetition though, but hey nobodys perfect. Unless their surname hapens to be Hendrix

haha ya I probably shouldnt of put the second one in but it is faster than the other so i thought what the hell.
Last edited by Rapid_Fire at May 9, 2006,
Quote by danilo19
its called your ear....

Its not worth my time to try and tab it out by ear...I could learn something else much easier by seeing a diagram and hearing it simultaneously!

But any way Thanks rapid fire for your rendition of the scale!!
Why "Emo"? What the hell are they? A crossbreed between manic depressives and the crow?!LOL!!

Some Beach, Some where!
Quote by Valasco
no problem, its a good warm up and it sounds kinda cool. it flows pretty well when you're playing it too
its e harmonc minor/phrygian dominant theyr'e the same its just in different modes of the scale, its that he goes down to the low e note that makes it sound like phrygian dominant, sort of like trilogy suite.
Last edited by perpetual shred at May 9, 2006,
Quote by Mattskas

jimi hendrix is far from perfect
if i had to say one rock guitarist who has come closest to perfect its steve vai
Member #8 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join
Quote by metalmaster362
jimi hendrix is far from perfect
if i had to say one rock guitarist who has come closest to perfect its steve vai

i agree... Vai is unreal
Could someone else tab this scale out because I don't think that part of it that rapid fire tabbed was right? I dunno though I could be wrong...It didn't sound right to me The third run sounds a little bit off to me?

Some Beach, Some where!
Quote by Valasco
Quote by G_Dub777
Could someone else tab this scale out because I don't think that part of it that rapid fire tabbed was right? I dunno though I could be wrong...It didn't sound right to me The third run sounds a little bit off to me?

my excuse.... i was really stoned when i made that tab... sorry haha

e-11-12-14-12-11--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
b----------------------13-12-10-12-13-12-10---------------------------------------------------
g----------------------------------------------------12-11-9-11-12-11-9-8-9-10-9-8----
d-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
a------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
e------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

e------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
b------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
g------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
d--10-9-7-9-10-9-7--------------------------------------------------------------
a------------------------10-9-7-9-10-9-7-6-7-9-7-6------------2-----------
e-----------------------------------------------------------8-9~~~--0-----------
Quote by Rapid_Fire
my excuse.... i was really stoned when i made that tab... sorry haha

^^^^HAHAHA....Definitely a viable excuse...Thanks a lot for retabbing dude...I am very greatful...You are the shizzle Rapid_Fire!!

Some Beach, Some where!
Quote by Valasco
/\ haha no problem. usually i mess sumthin up when im trying to teach my friends riffs and stuff, i think im partly dyslexic, but partly its cus i live in B.C.

Quote by perpetual shred
its that he goes down to the low e note that makes it sound like phrygian dominant

i dont even think that the low e was part of the original scale, but i liked the sound of it
lol i heard ya doin it slow and im like hmmm whats the big deal...then i hear ya do it fast and i relize lol...well done man
Quote by freemo
lol i heard ya doin it slow and im like hmmm whats the big deal...then i hear ya do it fast and i relize lol...well done man

haha thanks, i was going to put the fast part first, i figured some people would think that. but its funnier how it is