ibanez rg2020 or rg220

are these good guitars

and would it be a goood trade in i will get one for a gibson lp-100

i will get either one so would lp-100 for rg220 be good
and would lp-100 for rg2020 be good
By your name, your a metal guitarist. LP's are made for rock and not metal. I suggest the Ibanez RG220.
With RG's, the higher the number, the better (generally.)

I'm not an RG expert, but I would assume that the 2020 would be better than the 220...even though I've never heard of the RG2020 before.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
^ That's not true. LP's can do metal really well. They're a heavy mahogany and with a pickup change to EMG's or something metal they sound really nice and heavy. It may originally be meant for rock, but with a pickup change you're set.
Quote by BonnyTylerMoore
^ That's not true. LP's can do metal really well. They're a heavy mahogany and with a pickup change to EMG's or something metal they sound really nice and heavy. It may originally be meant for rock, but with a pickup change you're set.

True, but personally, an LP with EMGS would look messed (In my opinion). I play hard rock and metal, so I have a Jackson RR5 (For hard rock) and soon to get an Ibanez RGT42DX in place of my Yamaha RGX320FZ w/ EMG 81 actives.
i in fact own an ibanez rg 2020, i hear it is a very rare guitar. i got mine at a pawn shop for only $200, but i am told that it is worth in the range of $1000-$1500. it is a great guitar, it is a mahogany body like a les paul, but a lot lighter, and it has a floyd rose on it so that is metal right there!