thats an rg 220a
and it sux
so no covers
Quote by bajeda
congrats, you made me chuckle at your stupidity.

Seinfeld Club
Not every guitar has pickup rings if you like them so much put on a set yourself, also if you haven't noticed none of the rgs have pickup rings

Quote by Chromeproguitar
thats an rg 220a
and it sux
so no covers

And you sir are retarded that is in fact an rgt220h which is a prestige necktrhough model and is a top of the line guitar
GREAT ODIN'S RAVEN
Last edited by lemon at May 8, 2006,
Quote by Chromeproguitar
thats an rg 220a
and it sux
so no covers

OR:

Its an RGT220, which is actually a nice guitar. Solid bridge, neck thru, mahogany wings, Prestige neck.

Not every guitar needs pickup rings.
Quote by gpderek09
because geoff owns your soul. duh.
It's an RGT220HSOL- I have one. No pickup rings doesn't mean jack shit about the quality. It's an amazing guitar, pickup rings or not. It makes no difference in performance other than if you play REALLY hard, the high E might get caught under the pickup, but you've really gotta be abusing it to do that.
Quote by lemon
also if you haven't noticed none of the rgs have pickup rings

No, lots of RGs have pickup rings, like mine. I was just wondering why the expensive ones didn't have them if it looked so noticably bad. Also, the neck pickup is too close to the neck to put a ring in, no?

possibly because they have a 24 fret neck and wanted to get the pickup as close as possible to the neck? and once they had no neck ring, it would be dumb to have a bridge ring.

But they're really not that nessecary if the cavitys are made carefully.
I think it's a purely aesthetic issue. I like the way it looks. Black pickup rings would have looked cheap on this guitar. Cream rings MIGHT have looked good.

American Stratocaster + Blues Junior

Quote by davidp313
possibly because they have a 24 fret neck and wanted to get the pickup as close as possible to the neck? and once they had no neck ring, it would be dumb to have a bridge ring.

But they're really not that nessecary if the cavitys are made carefully.

Yes, good point. But it is so unsightly on such a beautiful guitar. Aren't the general dimensions of all RGT's the same?
Quote by Chromeproguitar
thats an rg 220a
and it sux
so no covers

I don't see how a guitar that lists for almost 2000 bucks can suck.

Your guitar, on the other hand, is a different story.

Honestly, it's about what you like. I HATE the look of pickup rings. They are bulky and get in the way of my playing.

It's all preference.
Bleh.

Member #3 of the I Am Canadian Club, pm colen or Mantiscabinet to join
Member #3 of the Necrophagist worshippers pm night_lights to join
Member #2 of the Ibanez RG5xx & up club PM tombo32 to join < 110% credit to t2russo
Quote by i_baked_cookies
Yes, good point. But it is so unsightly on such a beautiful guitar. Aren't the general dimensions of all RGT's the same?

I don't really know... I don't play ibanez's. But I think the actual body proportions are the same across the board for the RGs.
I can't imagine the guitar looking better with pickup rings.
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust
those are called direct-mounted pickups. it supposedly affects the tone, but the experts are divided as to whether it affects it in a good way.

I think they look cool.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?