yaa, soo im ready to get a vox ac30. Im debating wether to get the AC30 2 12combo, plus a 2 12 extension cab, or a AC30 head with a 4 12 cab.

I havnt had a chance try out the head with a 4 12 cab, but i have tried it with the 2 12 cab, and ive playd the combo. I cant really find a difference becuase i played them on seperate occasions.

I heard that the combo is where its at, its construction as a whole unit supposedly gives it a roomier/open sound. Opposed to the head + extension cab. However, im looking towards a 4 12 setup for better projection.

anyone have any input on this? my hands are itchin to buy this thing!
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville
I have an AC30 2x12 combo and was in the same situation you are in right now. I couldn't decide whether or not to get the 4x12 or 2x12. Eventually I decided to get the 2x12 and I couldn't be happier with my decision. The 4x12 would be great with the head but not the 2x12 combo. I put casters on the 2x12 cabinet and now it looks so good. 4 12 inch speakers are more than enough let alone 6x12. The 2x12 combo with 4x12 cab look bulky, top heavy, and out of place whilt the combo with the 2x12 looks and sound very good. Both the top and bottom halves are the same size. Look at my previous thread.
I say teh 2 12 mainly becasue then you can have the option of bringing just he combo for smaller places and in bigger place have the other 2x12 and set it up on the other side of the stage etc.
Epi Zakk Wylde LP
Schecter C1 Elite
Fender 70's Strat
Orange AD30 Head w/Orange 412 Cab
Fender Hot Rod De-Ville 2x12
Various Pedals
im not too worried about the aesthetic or the amount of space it takes up or whatever,

im more interested in sound quality. Like i said, i was told that the 2 12 combo sounds better than the head with a 2 12 cab. Tehcnically it is the same thing, but supposedly, the way its built makes a difference in the way it sounds. Anybody?
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville
I would take the 2x12 combo before the head with the 2x12 cab anyday. As for sound quality between the 2x12 and 4x12, they are pretty much the same. Any minute difference would be negligable.